Borderlands 3's New Update Brings Maliwan Takedown, Increase in Inventory Space, and More
The latest big update for Borderlands 3 brings with it the Takedown at the Maliwan Blacksite content alongside numerous other changes.
With Borderlands 3 having now been out for almost two months, the long-awaited third entry in the looter shooter series has steadily been giving players plenty to look forward to post-launch. Outside of the huge number of quests and loot to try and track down, developer Gearbox Software has also expanded the game even further through the latest patch that introduces brand new content and a number of fixes for players to enjoy.
Gearbox detailed the notes for Borderlands 3‘s Patch 4, which offers a wealth of changes, adjustments, new features, and more to the RPG-shooter. The big highlight of the patch of course is the recently-announced “Takedown at the Maliwan Blacksite,” which introduces a new piece of endgame content that has higher-leveled players going after some higher-leveled gear in a series of boss battles and other challenges.
In addition to the “Maliwan Blacksite” content, the patch also introduces a number of more general adjustments to Borderlands 3, including the addition of the Mayhem 4 difficulty setting that introduces “the toughest challenge in the game.” Additionally, the patch also features an upgrade for all characters’ inventories to 20 bank slots (from 10 originally), which should be a worthwhile boon to players old and new.
Alongside these additions, Patch 4 also introduces a number of character-specific changes for Moze, Zane, and FL4K geared specifically towards balancing these characters for Borderlands 3‘s endgame content. You can find the details of those specific patch notes below, but given that there are a ton of changes and new features introduced in this patch, you can read the full notes for Patch 4 here.
Borderlands 3 is available now on PS4, Xbox One, and PC, with the game also coming to Google Stadia sometime later this year. If you have yet to play the game for yourself just yet, you can pick it up right now over on Amazon.
- Iron Bear Damage increased per level, to a total of just under 150% at max level
- Desperate Measures now gives Iron Bear the bonus too
- Experimental Munitions – Iron Bear also deals bonus fire damage on critical hits
- Scorching RPM’s also grants increased Hard Point damage by 5% per level
- Vampyr – When Iron Bear deals area damage, Iron Bear receives half the healing bonus
- Iron Bear now launches barrels when the player melees them
- Increased Iron Bear Bubble Shield from 20% to 50% of Moze’s health
- SNTL damage scale increased by 2% per level
- Donnybrook, Pocket Full of Grenades, Cool Hand, Violent Violence, and Violent Speed bonuses now stack twice
- Fixed Violent Momentum to scale more at higher movement speeds
- Best Served Cold radius and damage increased by 2% per level
- Confident Confidence increased max weapon damage bonus from 20% to 35%
- Changed Trick of the Light element to Cryo and increased bonus from 18% to 36%
- Borrowed Time duration increased from 15% to 30% per active skill
- Double Barrel‘s bonus increased from 20% to 25%
- Quick Breather now restores 50% of the clone’s health after a swap
- Pocket Full of Grenades bonus slightly decreased from 6.5% to 5% as it now stacks
- Violent Violence bonus slightly decreased from 4% to 3% as it now stacks
- Ambush Predator now has a HUD Icon when the buff is active
- Increased the pet damage to scale 10/5% per level instead of 9%
- Added pet damage to Grim Harvest at 7% per level
- Added pet damage to The Most Dangerous Game at 9% per level
- Added pet damage to Interplanetary Stalker at 1% per stack, per level
- Added pet damage to Furious Attack at 0.6% per stack
- Added pet damage to The Fast and the Furryous at 10% per level
- Lick the Wounds gained a pet damage buff after reviving the player
- Increased pet damage for Psycho Head on a Stick from 10% to 20%
- Increased damage in Pack Tactics from 5% to 7% per level
- Adjusted Megavore to not reward critical hit bonuses when receiving damage from self-damage