Over a year since releasing on Xbox Live Arcade, Braid will be available on the Playstation Network in North America on November 12th. Hothead Games is proud to finally share their title of puzzle solving fun with a whole new community of gamers. The title will be priced the same as its XBLA counterpart at $14.99, which I find a bit pricey for a game that has been out for some time already. But what do I know, I’m just an ignorant kid who doesn’t know anything about the developing and publishing side of video games (no sarcasm). For those who don’t know, the game will be about solving puzzles (as mentioned earlier) as you journey to save the princess. Here are the details:
- Untraditional platforming. You can never die and never lose, but challenge is always present and focused on solving puzzles, rather than forcing you to play and replay tricky jumps.
- Puzzle-rich environment. Travel through a series of worlds, searching for puzzle pieces and solving puzzles by manipulating time: rewinding, creating parallel universes and setting up pockets of dilated time. The game play is always fresh and new and the puzzles inspire new ways of thinking.
- Aesthetic design. A painterly art style and lush, organic soundtrack complement the unique game play.
- Nonlinear story. A nonlinear fiction links the various worlds and provides real-world metaphors for your time manipulations; act out these themes at your own pace, exploring playful “what if” universes.
- Forgiving game play. The game doesn’t force you to solve puzzles in order to proceed. If you can’t figure something out, just play onward and return to that puzzle later.
Sound like your kind of game and have a PS3? Then download it! Silly.