Oudidon and The Sidekicks announced BAFL: Brakes are For Losers, an old school top-down racer, today.
BAFL pays tribute to old school arcade racing games such as Super Sprint and Indy Heat, using a top-down view and featuring no scrolling, but also takes away the player’s ability to use brakes. It features a challenging solo mode, and can support up to 8 players on a single screen in multiplayer. The developers provided a list of features, which you can read below:
- 15+ Challenging Tracks & 10+ Unique Funky Cars
- Local Multiplayer, up to 8 players on a single screen
- Solo and Multiplayer Championships with Car Upgrades
- In-Race Events and Dirty Tricks
- Time Attack with World Ladders and Ghosts
- Badass Soundtrack
- No. Brakes.
The game will be playable at GDC next week. You can look at some screenshots of the game and watch the announcement trailer below. BAFL: Brakes are For Losers is coming to PC and unspecified consoles in Q2 2017.