Bullet Soul Seeks Violent Redemption with Steam Release
It’s been 6 years since Bullet Soul released on Xbox 360 in Japan and now it’s back to blast its way on PC. This shmup is now available on Steam for $14.99 USD and has the usual 10% off deal until April 13th. This is a true compilation of the game as it contains all the DLC from the 360 version.
The game features 3 playable characters and a fair number of insanity driven stages. Since enemies turn into collectible souls once their destroyed, there’s the extra pressure of killing everything in sight. After all, your score multiplier is affected by the number of souls you’re able to collect. Also, getting rid of an enemy clears the screen of their numerous bullets, making it even more of a mad dash to take everything out.
Bullet Soul also features:
- 4 different modes, including both DLC from the Xbox 360 original
- 3 different ships, and a hidden second loop, complete with true last boss on Normal Mode
- Practice and perfect your score stage by stage in Bancho Mode
- Race the clock and the world’s best scores in Caravan Mode
- A 4th ship and further refined gameplay in Version B
- Leaderboards divided by mode & ship with friend filters
- Includes tate/vertical screen mode with X/Y scaling and smoothing
You can also turn your monitor on its side (if you have the ability to do so) to enjoy the verticality of the shoot-em-up. And of course no blasting would be complete without an appropriate soundtrack. Kenji ‘Itoken’ Ito and Kohta Takahashi some driving rock ballads full of 80s synth with their group, Resonator (listen to the music in the trailer below to get an idea of how catchy these tunes are).
While the game might be a little old, the gameplay still looks addictive as hell. Are you ready to take your ship out of dock and dodge giant enemy fire all in the name of Bullet Soul?
The launch video below might help you make that decision: