Bully: Anniversary Edition Out Today on iOS and Android Devices
Today, Rockstar Games in collaboration with War Drum Studios released Bully: Anniversary Edition onto iOS and Android devices for $6.99 USD.
The new mobile version of Bully arrives 10 years after the original version launched on the PS2, and is boasted as the “best looking and performing version of the game to date” by Rockstar Games.
Coming in the form of the an anniversary edition, the game features Bully: Scholarship Edition (which is the base game with extra content), improved visuals, redesigned controls, and even a new multiplayer feature called Friend Challenges.
Friend Challenges are essential the classroom mini-games but head-to-head with another player. So classroom minigames like dodgeball or frog dissection, like in Bully: Scholarship Edition, but against other players.
Here’s the full features list:
- Includes the complete Bully story with extra missions, characters, classroom mini-games, and unlockable items from Bully: Scholarship Edition
- Gorgeous graphics: high resolution textures, dynamic lighting, shadows and particle effects
- Native support for high resolution displays
- Challenge your friends anywhere with turn based multiplayer Friend Challenges. Play on the go and get notified when it’s your turn
- Intelligent touch controls with contextual buttons only when you need them
- Seamlessly continue your game across all your devices with cloud saves via the Rockstar Games Social Club
- Physical controller support
In other news, the game has since been re-released as a PS2 Classic on the PS4, including updated visuals and full trophy support. And yes I platinumed it. I would have platinumed it again if it let me.
Mobile games just aren’t my jam, however, Bully is one of my favorite games of all time, and therefore I plan for the first time in years..to play a mobile game.
You can check out the new trailer released for the mobile launch below: