Bungie didn’t want players to take advantage of exploits in Destiny’s expansion The Taken King so quickly, so they deployed the 126.96.36.199 hot fix.
It addresses some of the issues that people reported about within the first week of launch, and it fixed The Three Coins exploit. It is basically a new item sold by Xur, which increases the chance of an Exotic Engram drop when you defeat a boss. One of Destiny’s easiest bosses is in the Scourge of Winter mission, and luckily for players there is a spawn point just before meeting him. So all you had to do was kill him and yourself, then go back, collect the Exotic Engrams, kill him and yourself again then the cycle went on and on.
Here are all the fixes included in this patch:
- Fixed an issue with Year 1 Moments of Triumphs in which Golden Chest node completions were disappearing after TTK release
- Fixed an issue where players who reached Level 40 before turning in the Reach Level 30 objective did not properly receive the Level 40 quest
- Fixed an issue where the quest “High Value Targets” did not correctly reward Legendary Marks upon completionStrikes
- Fixed an issue where Year 1 Strikes were not dropping Uncommon and Rare quality gear as intendedWorld
- Some treasure chests in the Dreadnaught are now in a location that only allow them to be looted once per spawn
- Three of Coins now provides a smaller increase in Exotic Engram drop chance when rapidly killing Ultras
- Dismantling leveled-up Exotics now have a reduced chance to produce 2 Exotic Shards