Today, Three Three Fields Entertainment — creators of Burnout, BLACK, and Dangerous Golf announced a new “immersive virtual reality weapons experience for the PlayStation VR and HTC Vive” called, Lethal VR.
What is Lethal VR?
Lethal VR is fast action arcade style shooting experience inspired by classic arcade gun games from the past, enhanced with VR technology to guarantee a new level of immersion never seen in the genre before.
● Step into the shoes of an action movie superstar
● Highly accessible arcade shooting and throwing game
● Wide variety of exciting weapons
● Deep scoring system provides multiple ways to increase your score
● Local leaderboards track the best players among friends and family
● Built from the ground up for the HTC Vive – a true 360 room scale experience
CEO of Three Fields Entertainment, Fiona Sperry accompanied the announcement with the following statement:
“We are really excited to join forces with Team17 and its passionate team to release Lethal VR worldwide. Both companies share the same passion for videogames and we are excited to work together releasing Lethal VR. The arrival of VR inspired us to think about the stories we could tell and the immersive experiences we could create. Lethal VR puts the player in the shoes of an FBI recruit being assessed. The game is inspired by shooting sequences in films such as Point Break, Robocop and The Man with the Golden Gun.”
Developed in Unreal engine, Lethal VR will be available November 8th for the HTC Vive. The PlayStation VR version currently has no release date, but Three Fields says it will ship before the end of the year.
Check out the announcement trailer below: