Call of Duty: Black Ops III Gets New Update That Fixes Zombie Bugs; Free DLC For 30 Days On PC
Call of Duty: Black Ops III's newest patch fixes numerous zombie mode bug fixes on the PlayStation 4.
Today developer Treyarch and publisher Activision released a brand new patch for their hit game Call of Duty: Black Ops III.
The PlayStation 4 version of the patch includes a myriad of new bug fixes for the game’s zombie mode. On Shi No Numa kills with the Flogger now count towards daily trap challenges; on Kino Der Toten some players will no longer see a black screen when teleporting; on Ascension some issues with the Gersh device have been fixed; on Shangri-La a bug that was causing some players to loose their primary weapon has been fixed; on Moon a major exploit with the Widows Wine perk has been removed; and on Orgins some issues with the Elemental Staffs were fixed.
You can find the full patch notes, straight from Treyarch, below:
- General Stability Improvements.
- Added measures to address exploitative 3rd party peripherals.
- Fixed an issue where incorrect voice over lines were playing in various levels
- Fixed an issue where all players would hear the Galil firing audio regardless of their distance from the shooter
- Fixed an issue that would cause the “fire sale” audio to play too loud
- The Thundergun will now grant players XP
- Fixed an issue with time attacks not working properly
- Fixed a crash that occurred while using the “Eye Candy” GobbleGum
- Fixed a bug that occurred while using the “Idle Eyes” GobbleGum before a host migration
- Fixed various collision and pathing issues.
- Fixed various Elemental Staff bugs.
- Fixed Panzersoldat pathing issues and bugs.
- Optimized streamer performance in the map.
Kino Der Toten
- Fixed an issue where players were being targeted by zombies immediately after teleporting.
- Fixed an issue where players would experience a black screen while teleporting.
- Fixed an issue where players would lose their primary weapon after picking up the cymbal monkey.
- Fixed an issue where wall buys could lose functionality.
Shi No Numa
- Fixed an issue where Flogger kills were not counting towards daily trap challenges.
- Fixed a bug that would cause a “connection interrupted” error when deploying the QED.
- Fixed a host migration crash.
- Fixed a “Widow’s Wine” exploit.
- Fixed various Gersh device bugs.
- Addressed collision exploits.
Because the Zombie Chronicles DLC is not currently available on the Xbox One, that version of the patch only includes the General and Multiplayer fixes that are listed above. As of the time of this writing it is unknown if the PC version will be receiving the same patch.
This is the first time the game has received an update since the Zombies Chronicles DLC was released two weeks ago, on May 31st, 2017 on PlayStation 4.
In addition to the release of the patch on consoles, the PC version of the game is getting an exclusive deal. Starting today, players will be able to try out the game’s DLC for thirty days. Any user will also earn double XP on any DLC map that the player owns, while every Season Pass owner will recieve double XP on every map in the game. The trial will automatically download, but if you don’t want to try the maps, players are able to opt out of the DLC trial by clicking here.
Call of Duty: Black Ops III was released on November 6th, 2015 on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.