Call of Duty: WWII’s First Patch Fixes Weapons and (Some) Connection Issues
Call of Duty: WWII gets its first patch notes update addressing several grievances including game-breaking bugs and buffs and nerfs to particular weapons.
Call of Duty: WWII has been affected by launch issues. From removing the “public” element from the public Headquarters area, and shifting servers from dedicated to peer-to-peer, fans attempting to enjoy the famous Call of Duty multiplayer experience may have been noticing some pretty big roadblocks. In an attempt to address some issues and to begin balancing weapons, Sledgehammer Games has released its very first patch notes update post, detailing many of the game’s changes.
You can check out a full list of the changes below.
In terms of weapons, we’re seeing nerfs to the BAR, STG44, FG42, and Machine Pistol. With the exception of the Machine Pistol, these nerfs are likely made in an attempt to balance out some of the overpowered rifles in the game and to make some of the other weapons in that class more viable such as the M1 Garand, or the M1A1 Carbine. Though these nerfs aren’t really feeling significant, and players are still dominating with the BAR especially.
The Walther Toggle Action Shotgun and the Bren LMG are seeing buffs, with the shotgun now able to kill in one shot at extremely close range, and the Bren is now able to kill in two shots. These buffs have made the camouflage challenges for the Toggle Action more manageable and have made the Bren a beast of a contender.
The team has also worked to address some multiplayer connectivity issues including fixing the de-ranking bug which saw players losing hard-earned levels, as well as the infinite load screen bug. While the patch notes indicate that as being fixed, I can assure you it hasn’t been.
COD:WWII MULTIPLAYER UPDATES:
- Connectivity improvements and optimizations
- Fixed de-ranking issues
- Addressed an issue where players encountered an infinite load screen
- Leaderboard stability improvements and bug fixes
- General UI improvements
- Loading optimizations
- Splitscreen functionality improvements
- Added new unlock inventory stars to indicate when new items are added
- Adjusted hit marker audio to be higher default level (note: can be adjusted in settings)
- Fixed out of world exploits on Gustav Cannon and Sainte Marie du Mont
- Espionage Basic Training – Reduced painted time from 10 seconds to 6. Made it so only bullet damage paints you.
- Weapon tuning to allow for one shot kills outside of hardcore mode, enabling challenge completion.
- Fixed infinite flamethrower bug
- XP Earn rate tuned in Operation Neptune
- Fix issue of shotgun variants not appearing
- Emblem Editor and visualization improvements
- GameBattles Improvements
- Fixed Gridiron Ball exploits
COD:WWII MULTIPLAYER WEAPON TUNING UPDATES:
- Walther Toggle Action Shotgun – Damage increased at extremely close range
- Bren LMG – Increased damage per shot
- LMG Bipod – Sped up ADS time when in bipod stance
- BAR Rifle – decreased fire rate and widened hip fire spread
- STG44 Rifle – widened hip fire spread
- FG42 Rifle – increased recoil and widened hip fire spread
- Machine Pistol – decreased damage ranges
SNIPER CLASS – Fixed a bug with all Sniper Rifles zooming to exact center when aiming down the sights.
COD:WWII NAZI ZOMBIES UPDATES:
- Zombie Map Exploit Fix – clipping into a zombie spawn closet using revive mechanic in Laboratory
- Fixed Klaus pathing
- Fixed out of world exploit – The Final Reich
Call of Duty: WWII is available now on PC, Xbox One, and PS4. You can check out our review of the game here, or read up on the game’s unique celebration of Veteran’s Day here.