Call of Duty: WWII Weapon Tuning Update Revealed
Call of Duty: WWII has received a new weapon tuning update on all platforms which changes a number of ADS times on certain weapons.
Players who have been frustrated by the ADS time on certain weapons in Call of Duty: WWII may finally be content as developer Sledgehammer Games has unveiled a brand new update for the first-person shooter, which changes the aforementioned feature, as well as fixes a couple of other issues in the game.
All SMGs, Rifles, and LMGs have had their ADS times buffed, while the Kar98K and M1903 have all had their ADS times nerfed, meaning quickscopers will have a bit harder time getting shots off, however, it was confirmed that this is only a minor change, and should affect gameplay too much.
In addition to this, three weapons have all had their recoil buffed, while other weapons also got a number of different changes.
You can check out the full list of patch notes, straight from Sledgehammer Games, at the end of the article.
In other Call of Duty: WWII news, it was recently announced that PC players will be able to try out the game’s multiplayer completely free of charge for this weekend only, and all progress made during this trial will carry over into the final game.
Call of Duty: WWII was originally released on November 3, 2017, and is available on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Windows PC.
- Buffed base ADS times and buffed ADS in from sprint times (ADS sprint out times match ADS from sprint times)
- Buffed base ADS transition times, but not ADS from sprint times/ADS sprint out times, in an effort to maintain a difference between the SMG and AR class playstyles
Snipers: Kar98k and M1903
- Nerfed ADS transition times (a slight quickscoping nerf)
- Buffed base ADS times
Note: Base ADS times for SMGs are faster than Rifles, and Rifles are faster than LMGs. In other words, there is now more of a distinction between class playstyles.
- Buffed recoil in an effort to have a more competitive SMG on par with the PPSh-41
- Nerfed fire rate so that the damage output is more in line with other weapons in its class
- Buffed recoil in an effort to make it more manageable to shoot down range and give a better contrast to the M1 Garand
- Nerfed hip spread to match the M1 Garand’s in an effort to decrease the ability to quickly kill opponents at closer ranges
- Buffed fire rate in an effort to make it a more competitive choice amongst the other rifles (still slightly slower than the Gewehr 43)
- Buffed fire rate in an effort to make it a more competitive choice amongst the other rifles (still slightly faster than M1A1)
- Buffed recoil (closer to that of M1A1)
- Buffed clip size to be 12 rounds per clip instead of 10
M30 Luftwaffe Drilling
- Buffed damage per pellet to be on par with the recent Sawed-Off Shotgun changes so that this shotgun now has a more automatic 2-shot kill and a slightly more forgiving one-shot kill
- Buffed shotgun damage range, so that it’s now more feasible to finish off an opponent who didn’t die from a rifle bullet
- Buffed ADS spread to allow for greater accuracy when shooting enemies that are outside of the obvious shotgun range (while ADS)
- Buffed clip size to be 8 shots per clip instead of 6 in an effort to allow players to have more success with this weapon
- Nerfed ADS spread to be on par with other shotguns (besides the M30)