Call of Duty: WWII Gets New Status Update, First Major PC Patch Released
Sledgehammer Games seems to have fixed most of the issues with Call of Duty: WWII as the PC version of the game receives a new patch.
It’s always a shame to see such a highly anticipated game suffer from a bumpy launch. Call of Duty: WWII is no exception to this, as the game’s multiplayer mode has been plagued by black-screens, loss of progression, and more. Luckily, it seems like the game is starting to get into the swing of things, developer Sledgehammer Games revealed on Reddit.
First off, tests on the game’s dedicated servers have been successful, meaning they will be expanded to other regions and platforms very soon. In addition to that, in what will probably be seen as a relief to players who hate loot boxes, the COD points launch has been officially delayed by a week, meaning that they will now hit the game on November 21, 2017.
Finally, the PC version of the game has finally received the same patch that the console versions did a few days ago, albeit with some minor differences, such as changes to the FOV slider, FPS, and the addition of Discord support. You can check out the full patch notes at the end of the article.
Call of Duty: WWII was officially released on November 3, 2017, and is available on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Windows PC.
– Fixed an issue where the FOV was being reset to 65 every time the user starts Multiplayer
– Resolved an issue where FPS is locked to 60 fps when using HDR on 60hz monitors in Windowed (No Border) mode
– Fixed a hitching issue when using 144hz monitor in Windowed (Not Border) with Vsync & Freesync enabled
– Ranked Play support added for the upcoming Ranked Season in December
– Support added for Discord
COD:WWII MULTIPLAYER UPDATES:
– Connectivity improvements and optimizations
– Leaderboard stability improvements and bug fixes
– General UI improvements
– Various issues with when the party leader disbands the party
– Fixed various issues with parties following the party leader to the HQ
– Fixed a rare issue where players are being booted from public lobbies
– Fixed a host migration issue when the party leader exits the game via exit to desktop
– Fixed issue with kill feed improperly displaying a user has changed their name
– Addressed animation issue with Laughing Emote
– Addressed glare issues with various Weapon Kits while SSR is set to High
– Resolved issue with After Action Report not appearing after Gridiron and Capture the Flag matches
– Addressed uncommon issue where HUD would only display for a single player in Hardcore DOM
– Espionage Basic Training – Reduced painted time from 10 seconds to 6. Made it so only bullet damage paints you
– Addressed issue with Mastery challenges were number of challenges was displaying incorrectly making Challenges impossible to complete
– Fixed tank inversion and sensitivity setting for War tank controls
COD:WWII MULTIPLAYER WEAPON UPDATES:
– Walther Toggle Action Shotgun – damage increased at extremely close range
– Bren LMG – increased damage per shot
– LMG Bipod – Sped up ADS time when in bipod stance
– BAR Rifle – decreased fire rate and widened hip fire spread
– STG44 Rifle – widened hip fire spread
– FG42 Rifle – increased recoil and widened hip fire spread
– Machine Pistol – decreased damage ranges
SNIPER CLASS – Fixed a bug with all Sniper Rifles zooming to exact center when aiming down the sights.
COD:WWII NAZI ZOMBIES UPDATES:
– Fixed a crash with host migration while in a public zombies match
– Addressed lighting/glare issues with Tesla gun in Zombies when SSR is enabled.
– Fixed Klaus pathing
– After players prestige once, “WELCOME TO THE HQ” quest pops pack up.
– After finishing a game, classes with Heroic weapons get reset