Capcom Releases Lifetime Sales Figures for Resident Evil Series, with Resident Evil 5 On Top
The Resident Evil series has had a long and seasoned history in gaming culture, spanning numerous games and spin-offs since the first game’s release in 1996 and continuing on to Resident Evil 6‘s release last year.
While sales and critical reception of the titles have definitely fluctuated from each entry, Capcom has released information in a newly updated investor relations page that highlights the company’s best-selling titles (only those that have sold at least 1 million). Taking the data from the charts, the top-selling entries in the Resident Evil series are:
- Resident Evil 5 (6.5 million)
- Resident Evil 4 (5.8 million between PS2/Wii/GameCube)
- Resident Evil 6 (5.2 million)
- Resident Evil 2 (4.96 million)
- Resident Evil 3 (3.5 million)
- Resident Evil (2.75 million)
- Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City (2.3 million)
- Resident Evil Code Veronica (1.54 million between PS2 and Dreamcast)
- Resident Evil Outbreak (1.45 million)
- Resident Evil [GameCube] (1.35 million)
- Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles (1.3 million)
- Resident Evil: Revelations (1 million)
With a little bit of Resident Evil just about perfect for today’s Halloween festivities, maybe now’s a good chance to check out one of the Resident Evil titles you haven’t played before and check it out for the holiday festivities…as long as you don’t become a Jill sandwich.