Cars 3: Driven to Win Announced for PS4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, Wii U, PS3, and Xbox 360
Today, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment announced Cars 3: Driven to Win for the PS4, PS3, Xbox One, Xbox 360, Wii U, and Nintendo Switch. In addition to its announcement, Warner Bros. also released a new first-look trailer for the game.
As you would guess, the game is inspired by the upcoming Disney Pixar film Cars 3, and actually takes place following the events of the movie. Here’s an overview via Warner Bros.:
The road to becoming a champion starts with this first look of Cars 3: Driven to Win! Speed into the world of Lightning McQueen, Cruz Ramirez, Jackson Storm and other beloved characters as you determine your path to racing mastery!
Start your engines and gear up for the ultimate racing experience in Cars 3: Driven to Win inspired by Disney•Pixar’s film, Cars 3. Play with over 20 customizable characters including Lightning McQueen, Jackson Storm, Cruz Ramirez and the next generation of racers in over 20 tracks set in iconic locations from the film such as Radiator Springs. Train and advance your abilities in 6 game modes and challenge your family and friends in the Battle Race to become the Ultimate Champion. On the road to becoming a Hall of Fame Driver, training and skill will give you an edge in a race that anyone can win.
- Stunt Showcase: Catch air and perform as many stunts and tricks to get the highest score.
- Takedown: Collect and use a variety of power-ups to eliminate as many crash karts as possible to get the highest score.
- Best Lap Challenge: Beat your prime time score to set an all-time new record.
- Race: Hop into the tracks against Lightning McQueen and the gang to rev up for the ultimate challenge.
- Battle Race: Put your training to the test and race against your family and friends (in local split-screen mutliplayer) to become the ultimate champion.
Cars 3: Driven to Win is being developed by the newly resurrected Avalanche Software and is slated to release sometime in June 2017.
A price-point has not been divulged, but as mentioned above, a debut trailer has: you can check it out below along with the game’s first batch of screenshots: