CD Projekt Releases REDKit Open Beta with New Trailer
Modders rejoice! CD Projekt RED released today the open beta of REDKit, the mod toolkit based on the tools used to create The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings that can now be used to create our own adventures and quests for the game.
At a glance the toolset looks incredibly powerful, and offers the following features.
- Intuitive tools developed for all would-be storytellers and game designers
- Complex and user-friendly terrain tools, including the SpeedTree foliage system
- Uilize the astonishing graphics and visuals that power The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings
- Create a realistic and dynamic day and night cycle in a few clicks
- Implement non-linear stories and quests with a unique quest system that allows player decisions to impact the game world and plot
- Build believable characters, NPCs, and entire communities and set their interactions with the player
- Place dialogue cameras automatically or manually to create a filmlike experience
Adam Badowski, head of CD Projekt RED, released a statement with the announcement:
For CD Projekt RED, RPGs are all about telling amazing stories. We want to give players the power to tell the same kind of non-linear, branching stories that made The Witcher games so popular. Our fans have helped us for years to make our games the best they can be, and REDkit is part of embracing our community as a partner in game development.
You can find the toolkit here, together with the winning mod of the REDkit mod contest (that is featured in the picture above). Bring it on people, my body is ready.