Chivalry: Medieval Warfare is Free on Steam Right Now
Torn Banner Studios' popular mutliplayer game Chivalry: Medieval Warfare is currently available for free on Steam.
Torn Banner’s Studios announced today alongside their Mirage: Arcane Warfare release date and closed beta details, that Chivalry: Medival Warfare is currently free on Steam for a limited time.
The game, which currently has over 5 million players, will be free to download and add permanently to one’s Steam Library today, March 27, and tomorrow, March 28. Chivalry: Medieval Warfare owners also get 10% off a pre-order for Mirage: Arcane Warfare, giving extra incentive for players who want to play Mirage: Arcane Warfare early to take advantage of this offer.
For those who don’t know about Torn Banner Studios’ medieval multiplayer game, here is an overview from the title’s Steam Page:
Besiege castles and raid villages in Chivalry: Medieval Warfare is a first-person slasher with a focus on multi-player. Featuring competitive online combat that seeks to capture the experience of truly being on a medieval battlefield. Inspired from the intensity and epicness of swordfighting movies such as 300, Gladiator and Braveheart, Chivalry: Medieval Warfare aims to bring that experience to the hands of a gamer.
The game is skill-based and controls like an FPS, but instead of guns and grenades, players are given swords, shields, maces, battleaxes and longbows. Set in a fictional, yet gritty and realistic world, players will fight in fast paced online battles besieging castles, raiding medieval villages and fighting for glory in the arena with up to 32 players.
- Deep melee combat system provides players with a huge range of responsive combat options
- Adjust your attacks and blocks in real time with the mouse for precise and full control of the action
- Wield an arsenal of up to 60 brutal weapons ranging from broad swords and battle axes to longbows and javelins
- Dynamic objective system brings team tactics and strategy to the forefront as players batter down gates, raid villages and assassinate enemy royalty to achieve victory.
- Use a variety of siege weapons ranging from catapults, boiling oil, ballista, battering rams and more
- Vast, lush environments that transport the player to a gritty and immersive medieval world.
- Offline play options that allow players to gain familiarity with the controls and gameplay before being thrust into the action.
While only the PC version of Chivalry: Medieval Warfare is currently free, the game is also available on PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, and Xbox One.