Civilization VI - Civ 6 Patch Notes April 22 the Final Free Update
The final free Civ VI update is here!
Fans of the Civilization series champion Civ 6 as one of the best in the franchise. Along with being an overall solid strategy game, much of its praise comes due to its continued support and free major updates.
Today, Civ 6 got its final free update before the developers move on to work on something new. Teased earlier this month, the update is set to be “the biggest community update event ever” according to a developer in the teaser update video.
Now the final update is here and with it come the long laundry list of patch notes. Here’s what you need to know about the Civ 6 patch notes from April 22.
- NEW: Aspyr Media is Reportedly Working on a New KOTOR Remake
Civ 6 Patch Notes April 22
There is a lot to this new update. You can find the full list of Civ 6 patch notes from April 22 right here. The following are the important new additions to the game:
Trebuchet: Medieval Era Catapult upgrade. Siege promotion class. Upgrades into Bombard. Cannot move and attack on the same turn unless they’ve earned the Expert Crew Promotion.
- Units now replacing this unit: Khmer Domrey.
Man-At-Arms: Medieval Era Swordsman upgrade. Melee promotion class. Upgrades into Musketman.
- Unique units that will upgrade into this unit: Roman Legion, Kongolese Ngao Mbeba, Macedon Hypaspist, Persian Immortal, Maori Toa, and Gallic Gaesatae.
- Unique units now replacing this unit: Norwegian Berserker, Japanese Samurai, and Georgian Khevsur.
Line Infantry: Industrial Era Musketman upgrade. Melee promotion class. Upgrades into Infantry.
- Unique units that will upgrade into this unit: Spanish Conquistador and Ottoman Janissary.
- Unique units now replacing this unit: French Garde Imperiale and English Redcoat.
- Mediterranean Large Map: A large map of the greater Mediterranean region with resources, terrain, and features reflecting their historic locations.
- Earth Huge Map: A larger sized representation of Earth with resources, terrain, and features reflecting their historic locations.
- TSL Earth Huge: Civilizations start at the location of their historical capital on the huge Earth map.
- TSL Mediterranean: Civilizations start the location of their historic capital on the large Mediterranean map.