Kickstarted Classical Adventure Game Hero-U: Rogue to Redemption Launches Spring 2018

Indie classical adventure game Hero-U: Rogue to Redemption is planning to meet deadlines, coming to players on PC before May 15, 2018.

on March 6, 2018 10:19 PM

While I loved my time with the Nintendo Switch neo-text based adventure game Subsurface Circular, it does bring a certain nostalgia for more classic adventure games. You know — classic PC-based adventure games like Myst, King’s Quest, and The Secret of Monkey Island. Thankfully, developer Corey Cole has revealed that his Kickstarted title Hero-U: Rogue to Redemption will be coming out later this Spring.

News comes in an update yesterday to the game’s Kickstarter page where Cole expressed optimism on meeting release date requirements. According to Cole, he believes in the development idea of the 90-90-90 rule: any software is going to take 90% of the schedule to get through the first 90% of development. The remaining 10% takes another 90% of development.

Kickstarted Classical Adventure Game Hero-U: Rogue to Redemption Launches Spring 2018

All joking aside, Cole reports that the game is well more than 90% done and the game is working into both its Alpha and Beta phases. With this in mind, the game is expected to launch sometime between April 15, 2018 and May 15, 2018.

For those who haven’t heard of the indie title, the game is a puzzle-based adventure game meticulously crafted to have that classic 90’s feel. Aside from puzzle solving, the game offers rich characters, an immersive story, and tactical turn-based combat.

As mentioned above, Hero-U: Rogue to Redemption should be releasing on PC sometime before May 15, 2018. Check out the gameplay trailer, below:

 /  Editor-in-Chief
Lou Contaldi is the Editor-in-Chief at DualShockers, specializing in both reviews and the business behind gaming. He began writing about tech and video games while getting his Juris Doctor at Hofstra University School of Law. He is maybe the only gaming journo based in Nashville, TN.