Warzone and Cold War: Playlist Update Today (April 8) – Patch Notes, Changes
It's Thursday, you know what that means!
It’s Thursday (April 8) so you all know what that means, it’s time for the weekly playlist update for Cold War and Warzone. We’ve got everything you need to know about the latest update to the two Call of Duty games, including the patch notes and any major changes.
In case you missed it, there was a new game settings update released for Cold War on April 7. There was no downloaded needed for this update and didn’t include any changes to the playlists in the game. You can read more about the Cold War update from April 7 in the tweet below.
- CALL OF DUTY: New Warzone Map Leaks
Cold War Playlist Update Patch Notes
UPDATE #3: The full patch notes have been released by Treyarch Studios for today’s playlist update. You can find them below, or read more at the official Treyarch website.
- Double XP Weekend
- Four days of Double XP now available in Multiplayer, Zombies, and League Play through 10AM PT Monday, April 12.
- Sixteen teams of two clash in a 2v2 single-elimination tournament for exclusive rewards. Win and move on to the next round. Lose, and you’re out.
- Register for a Tournament and get matched up with 31 other players of similar skill.
- Each Tournament is broken up into 4 Rounds: Preliminaries, Quarter-Finals, Semi-Finals, and the Tournament Finals.
- Each Tournament introduces new exclusive rewards as you win your way through the bracket. Rewards for the first Tournament include a new Emblem, Calling Card, Charm, and Assault Rifle Weapon Blueprint.
- XP is also awarded as players win their way through each Tournament and can be earned repeatedly with each Tournament participation.
- Each segment captured by the Attackers will now add 20 seconds to the game clock. Time will no longer be added after capturing a single zone.
- Overtime Defense is now awarded to the team that captures the most zone segments in the previous rounds. In the event of a tiebreaker, the team with the most kills will be awarded Defense in Overtime.
- Also applies to CDL Control in League Play.
- Gunfight Tournament [NEW]
- Gunfight Blueprints [NEW]
- Throwback Moshpit (also available in Hardcore)
- Snipers Only Moshpit
- Nuketown 24/7 (also available in Hardcore)
- Prop Hunt
- Face Off (also available in Hardcore)
- Multi-Team Moshpit
Dead Ops Arcade 3
- Addressed an issue where the Gladiator enemy was not spawning under certain circumstances.
- Addressed an issue where the Gladiator enemy’s axes remained on the screen longer than intended.
- Firebase Z
- Die Maschine
- Dead Ops Arcade: First Person
- Dead Ops Arcade
- Onslaught (PS4/PS5)
- Onslaught Containment (PS4/PS5)
- Onslaught Nuketown (PS4/PS5)
- Onslaught Apocalypse (PS4/PS5)
UPDATE #2: The playlist update can be found below, courtesy of @CharlieINTEL on Twitter, still no official patch notes from Treyarch. If any are released, this article will be updated.
UPDATE: As of 6PM BST / 10AM PT there are still no official patch notes from Treyarch Studios, this article will be updated as soon as they go live.
The official patch notes for the Cold War Playlist Update on April 8 are yet to be released. This article will be updated as soon as Treyarch release the patch notes.
Treyarch did however outline what was coming this week, you can check out what we can expect to be released today and for the rest of the week below.
“Get ready for more Season Two Reloaded content and features coming to Black Ops Cold War this week, including the introduction of Gunsmith Customs, the debut of Gunfight Tournaments with exclusive rewards, and the new Season Two Reloaded update for Gunfight Blueprints in MP!
We’re also bringing a four-day Double XP Weekend to Black Ops Cold War starting 10AM PT on April 8th through Monday, April 12th! With Season Three just around the corner, now’s the time to hit your next Prestige milestone before the next set of Prestige Levels comes online. For those who’ve already reached Prestige Master, you’ll continue to earn a new Prestige Key at every 50 levels to unlock legacy Prestige Emblems and Calling Cards at the Prestige Shop. Rise and grind.”
Warzone Playlist Update Patch Notes
UPDATE #2: The playlist update has been released by Raven Software, find the new playlists in the tweet below.
UPDATE: As of 6PM BST / 10AM PT there are still no new patch notes from Raven Software regarding the weekly playlist update. The zombies have however relocated to Superstore in Verdansk.
This article will be updated with official patch notes as soon as they go live.
The official patch notes for the Warzone Playlist Update on April 8 are yet to be released. This article will be updated as soon as Raven Software release the patch notes.
Cold War Double XP Weekend
A brand new Double XP Weekend is inbound for Black Ops Cold War!
Thursday, April 8 will see the beginning of a four day long double XP weekend, which will come to an end on Monday, April 12.
Double XP will begin at 10AM PT / 1PM ET / 6PM BST.
Based on the tweet below from Treyarch Studios, it looks like the double XP will simply be for player levels, and not double weapon or battle pass XP. However, that hasn’t been confirmed yet so we’ll have to wait and find out when the Double XP Weekend goes live to see if it’s for more than just level XP.