Cold War and Warzone: Playlist Update Today (March 25) - Patch Notes, Changes
It's a nuclear apocalypse this week!
It’s Thursday (March 25) so you all know what that means, it’s time for the weekly playlist update for Cold War and Warzone. We’ve got everything you need to know about the latest update to the two Call of Duty games, including the patch notes and any major changes.
There’s a lot going on with Cold War and Warzone right now, not only are zombies making their way across Verdansk, but players are eagerly awaiting the mid-season update for both games. Season 2 Reloaded looks to be bringing new guns, maps, and more to Cold War. You can read more at the link below.
- COLD WAR: Season 2 Reloaded
Cold War and Warzone Playlist Update March 25 – Patch Notes
UPDATE: The official patch notes have been released by Treyarch Studios, you can find them below, or at their official website.
- 2XP now available on PlayStation through 10AM PT March 26.
- Triple-Double Weekend begins 10AM PT March 26 on all platforms (Double XP, Double Weapon XP, Double Battle Pass XP). Ends 10AM PT March 29.
- Addressed a visual issue where Naga’s legs could display improperly.
- R1 Shadowhunter (added Mar. 24)
- New one-shot kill crossbow available via in-game challenge and the Store.
- Added to the Special weapon category in Create-a-Class.
- Nuclear Apocalypse [NEW]
- TDM, Domination, Kill Confirmed, and Hardpoint on Nuketown ’84 and Apocalypse.
- Also available in Hardcore via Quick Play.
- Snipers Only Moshpit
- Gun Game
- Nuketown 24/7 (also available in Hardcore)
- Face Off (also available in Hardcore)
- Addressed an issue where multiple players would not receive a prompt to accept the Exfil after a player used the radio to call in the helicopter.
- Firebase Z
- Die Maschine
- Dead Ops Arcade: First Person
- Dead Ops Arcade
- Onslaught (PS4/PS5)
- Onslaught Apocalypse (PS4/PS5)
- Onslaught Nuketown (PS4/PS5)
Two new modes will be joining the Cold War playlist, Nuclear Apocalypse and Snipers Only Moshpit.
Nuclear Apocalypse is a 24/7 playlist that will only feature two maps, Nuke Town ’84 and Apocalypse. It’s unclear at this time what the modes will be in the Nuclear Apocalpyse playlist, but it’s likely to be a mix of all of the main modes such as Kill Confirmed, Hard Point etc.
Snipers Only Moshpit is exactly how it sounds, the playlist will only allow players to use Snipers in the moshpit game mode. Again, this mode will feature a bunch of different 6v6 maps and modes, but only Snipers will be allowed!
The Triple-Double XP Weekend is also set to kick off from tomorrow (March 26) until Monday (March 29), so you’ll be able to jump into the new playlist options and earn double XP across your weapons, level, and battle pass level.
There hasn’t been any information revealed by Raven Software as to what changes will be coming to Warzone with this update, but it’s likely we will see the Zombies move from Hospital to the Bank in Downtown.
What Time Is The Update?
The update is expected to go live at 6pm GMT / 2pm ET / 11am PT.
This article will be updated when the update is live with the appropriate patch notes.
When Is Cold War Season 2 Reloaded?
There is no official date set for the mid-season update for Cold War, but Treyarch stated on March 24 that it is ‘coming next week’. It looks like the new update is likely to drop with the next playlist update on April 1, 2021.
In a Tweet from the official Treyarch account, they said “Prop Hunt will return in next week’s mid-season update with Miami Strike and Satellite added to the map rotation, along with new props!”.