Cold War & Warzone Playlist Update Today (August 5) - Patch Notes & Release Time
Only 1 week remains until Season 5 begins!
The final playlist update of Cold War and Warzone Season 4 will go live later today (August 5) with new playlists expected to arrive and maybe even some fan favourites leaving.
Even though a brand new season is right around the corner, Raven Software decided to mix things up by releasing the anticipated CX-9 SMG a few days ago. If you’ve popped your Double Weapon XP tokens and levelled it up to the max, JGOD has discovered the best loadout option for the CX-9 in Warzone. Check out the link below to find out all the details.
- MORE: JGOD Reveals Best CX-9 Loadout For Warzone
What’s Coming In This Week’s Playlist Update?
Call of Duty seems to be keeping this week’s playlist update under tight wraps as the usual Weekly Briefing wasn’t released this week. So, in terms of which playlists will be rotating in and out on August 5, remains a mystery.
What we do know however, is that Double XP and Double Battle Pass XP will be arriving on Friday, August 6th at 10AM PT until Monday, August 9th at 10AM PT.
With Season 5 only one week away, this weekend is the perfect time to make the most of that double Battle Pass XP as a new Battle Pass will arrive on August 12th.
The new Mace Melee weapon was also released by Treyarch Studios on August 3rd, it can be unlocked via completing an in-game or challenge or heading to the Call of Duty store and purchasing a bundle which includes the Mace.
Should any details surrounding the latest Playlist Update emerge before it goes live at 10AM PT / 6PM BST, we will update this article.
Cold War & Warzone – August 5 Playlist Update & Patch Notes
The Playlist Update for Cold War and Warzone on August 5 has not gone live just yet. But, Raven Software has deployed a Warzone update with some weapon tweaks. Check out the patch notes below, and check back in later for the full playlist update patch notes.
Warzone Patch Notes
- Krig 6 (BOCW) – Lower Torso Multiplier decreased from 1.1 to 1 Maximum Damage Range decreased from 1500 to 1400
- CX-9 (MW) – Increased mid damage range from 20 to 21 Increased Headshot Multiplier from 1.4 to 1.45
Cold War Patch Notes
Here’s what’s new in today’s update:
- Hand Cannon
- Reduced walking view bob while aiming down sights.
- Nuketown 24/7
- Rush 24/7
- Knife Fight 3v3 (Mace now included in loadouts)
- Gunfight Blueprints
- Blueprint Ammo Gun Game
- Face Off 6v6
- 12v12 Moshpit
- Party Games
- Mule Kick
- Addressed an issue that sometimes caused the player’s third weapon to drop when repurchasing Mule Kick.
- Closed an exploit that allowed the player to hold two of the same Wonder Weapon when using Mule Kick.
- Mauer der Toten
- Firebase Z
- Die Maschine
- Dead Ops Arcade: First Person
- Dead Ops Arcade
- Onslaught (PlayStation)
- Onslaught Accelerated (PlayStation)
- Onslaught Containment (PlayStation)
- Onslaught Rush (PlayStation)
- Fixed a rare stability issue related to a flashback sequence.