During a livestreamed Q&A from Funcom’s offices in Oslo, Conan Exiles Creative Director Joel Bylos and Community Manager Jens Erik Vaaler responded to quite a few questions from the fans, providing some interesting snippets of information on the future of the game.
- A number of clan updates will come before the siege update is completed, including permissions.
- A lot more uses for dyes are going to be added, including coloring weapons, shields and buildings.
- The team is working on a system that will let players descend from high places very fast.
- Human feet are being improved so that they’d actually look good when people stand on sloped surfaces.
- 53 new emotes will come in the next patch the week after Easter. Due to Easter, there won’t be a patch this week.
- Two-handed swords are coming “very soon.” Two-handed axes will come later.
- The team is working on permissions to let other people sit on one’s chairs.
- Very soon blocking with a shield will trigger an animation on the blocked opponent that will leave him vulnerable to retaliation.
- Any player carrying an avatar token will be made visible on the map. The same will probably go for tier III altars.
Conan Exiles is currently available in Early Access on PC, will be launched for Xbox One as a Game Preview title this Fall, and will reach the PS4 early next year, when it’ll fully releaese.