Control’s Latest Update Improves Stability and Allows Removal of Motion Blur
Here are all the changes you can expect to see in Control's latest update.
505 Games and Remedy just released Control a few short weeks ago, and now, the game has received its first major post-launch patch.
The monthly update for Control brings with it a lot of initial changes that we typically see from many other games after launch. Various bugs have now been fixed in addition to improved stability across all platforms. Frame rate specifically has also been said to have been optimized.
Likely the biggest change for me here though is that motion blur can now be toggled on and off freely in addition to film grain. Personally, I’ve never liked motion blur and any time I can turn that feature off I’m happy.
For now, this patch has started to roll out only for PS4 users. While Xbox One and PC players will have to wait a bit longer, Remedy says it’ll be showing up “very soon.” Keep an eye out in the coming day or so to see more of when it might be coming to those platforms.
Below you can check out the full list of changes that Control has now received. If you’re looking to pick the game up, it’s available on Xbox One, PS4, and PC right now.
– Bug and crash fixes to missions, combat and overall game play
– Fixed multiple issues with the PC launcher related to DX11/DX12 crashes
– Improved title stability on all platforms
– Improved general frame-rate performance through optimisations made to multiple systems and content
– Improved map loading times (map will no longer tease information)
– Motion Blur On/Off toggle added to Options menu
– Film Grain On/Off toggle added to Options menu
– Fixed incorrect UI behaviour on ultra-wide monitors (PC)
– Fixed multiple issues when incorrect subtitles are shown for multiple languages
– Fixed issue when the game centers the aim on Jesse’s head
– Fixed multiple UI related issues
– Fixed an issue when player could not acquire ‘Pierce Charging Efficiency’ and ‘Spin Grouping Efficiency’ upgrade
– Fixed issue when Crafting Charge and personal Mods would not give the Weapon/Mod but take the materials (Sorry. The Board was greedy)
– Fixed issue that prevented players activating the Pierce weapon form upgrade
– Fixed issue when Jesse is unable to cleanse the ‘Transit Corridor South’ Control point upon returning from Prime Candidate Program area in the mission The Face of the Enemy
– Fixed an issue when Heptonstall would not spawn during certain story missions in the “Old Friends” side-mission (still looking for his buddy Remus)
– Fixed issue when Hiss Barrier remains in the Directorial Override mission’s Control Room if the player dies during the binding cut scene
– Fixed issue when certain licensed music tracks play after enabling the ‘Mute Copyrighted Tracks’ option
– Fixed and issue when audio is out of sync in the Dr Darling videos (PS4)
– Fixed issue with the Charge weapon forms erroneous blast radius causing (way) too much visual damage to the environments
– Fixed an issue where game would stall when completing a story mission and unlocking a trophy (PS4)