Corrin from Fire Emblem Fates Announced for Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS
In a (not so) surprising move, Sakurai announced that Corrin from Fire Emblem Fates will be in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS. Corrin will be available in February 2016.
Along with an admittedly funny reveal trailer came some juicy details on the protagonist’s attacks and music:
- Corrin uses the ultimate form of his/her Yato sword, Omega Yato. However, they have plenty of other attacks based on their dragon form.
- The Side Smash has an amazing reach by using the dragon form’s limbs and the Back Smash lets him/her sprout dragon wings to strike the opponent with.
- Dragon Fang Shot is a powerful move that can be charged with B. The Side Special is Dragon Lunge, which lets you remain hanging and pin your opponent. Up Special is Dragon Fang, Down Special is the incredibly powerful Counter Surge and the Final Smash is called Torrential Roar.
- There are two additional songs that come with Corrin, inclduing Aqua’s “Lost in Thoughts All Alone.” However, no stages come with the new character.
- Both male and female versions will be available.
Check out the introduction video just below.