Crawl Out Today on PS4, Xbox One, PC, Mac, and Linux; Launch Trailer Released
Today, local multiplayer dungeon crawler, Crawl, from developer Powerhoof launches onto PS4, Xbox One, PC, Mac, and Linux, accompanied by an official launch trailer.
Never heard of Crawl? No problem: here’s an overview, courtesy of its Steam page:
Crawl is the local multiplayer dungeon crawler where your friends control the monsters! It’s bullet-hell beat-em-up meets old-school RPG, in an arcadey party-game for up to 4 players.
One player is the hero, exploring a randomly generated dungeon full of traps and monsters – all controlled by the other players. If you slay the hero you take their place and it’s your turn to crawl! Then it’s a race to gain enough XP and loot to reach the final battle, where it’s all on one as the other players collectively control the hulking final boss!
Local Multiplayer Arcade Action for up to 4 Players
- Play with Controllers, Keyboard or Mouse.
- Hone your skills against bots, while you wait for your friends to arrive.
- Single player challenges to master, and heaps of stuff to unlock.
Turbo Charged Dungeon Crawling
- Level up, increase your stats, amass powerful weapons and magic items, all in the course of one 30 minute game.
- Evolve your monsters from spiders and rats to powerful demons, dragons and undead warriors.
Every Battle is Unique
Explore and inhabit randomly generated dungeons
Loads of unique weapons, spells and artifacts.
60+ unique playable monsters to unlock and master.
Crawl is available for $14.99 USD, the same price its been since its launch on Steam Early Access back in August of 2014. It currently boasts an “Overwhelmingly Positive” Steam User Review Rating, with 97% of 1,744 user reviews scoring the game positively. If you purchase the game before before April 18th, you will be rewarded a 20 percent discount.
Below, you can check out the launch trailer: