Crusader Kings The Board Game’s Kickstarter Is Live and Already Funded
Free League Publishing and Paradox Interactive have started a kickstarter campaign to bring Crusader Kings to tabletops as Crusader Kings The Board Game.
There’s been a huge amount of Paradox Interactive news in the past few days, ranging from new DLCs for Stellaris, Crusader Kings II, and Europa Universalis IV to a new game called Imperator: Rome. You may be thinking that’s a lot of news and a lot of upcoming features to stretch your wallet thin… but worry not! Paradox Interactive has doubled-down on throwing a wrench into your financial stability by announcing Crusader Kings The Board Game on Kickstarter.
If you’re really interested in the specifics of the back-stabbing, medieval journey through time, you can check out the Kickstarter here and possibly even pledge. I would say that they need your help, but as of writing this, the board game has received $137,060 in pledges out of its $57,124 goal with thirty days to go so… it’s coming, whether you want it or not! A lot of stretch goals still remain, mostly based around new miniatures, so there’s still plenty of reasons to pledge if this tickles your fancy.
The game promises a 2-3 hour experience for 3-5 players. With purchase, you will receive:
- Box: 297x297x120 mm, thick cardboard with a linen finish.
- Board: 550×550 mm, thick cardboard with a linen finish.
- Miniatures: The Standard Edition of the game contains 70 beautifully crafted 30 mm plastic miniatures, of knights, armies, and castles. The Royal Edition contains at least 4 additional figures, of Navy ships and the Spymaster councilor. The Royal Edition will be expanded with more extra miniatures as stretch goals if we exceed our base funding goal.
- Cards: 155 full-sized Action Cards and a total of 134 half-sized Character Cards and Development Cards.
- Tokens: A total of 306 tokens for the many traits and conditions on the game board, such as Unrest, Plague, Harvest and Casus Belli, and for Gold.
- Cloth Bags: A total of six well-crafted cloth bags, used for random draws of Trait tokens.
Unfortunately, import laws and customs mean that the finished product won’t be shipped to Belarus, Brazil, Russia, Ukraine, Kazakhstan, and Afghanistan. There are, however, plans to make the game available at several retail outlets, and there’s comprehensive information about shipping prices available on the Kickstarter. You can check out the reveal video of the Kickstarter campaign below, as well as a few screenshots from the Kickstarter itself.