Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury DLC to Debut in 2018, New Trailer Revealed
The latest DLC from Paradox history-simulator Crusader Kings II will be called Holy Fury and is expected to release in 2018.
The latest DLC update for ongoing epic history simulator Crusader Kings II has just been announced alongside a release trailer, which you can watch below. The next DLC installment, titled Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury, is expected to release this year with a price of $19.99.
According to Paradox Interactive, the new DLC is described as:
In Holy Fury, Pagan rulers who reform their religion instead of converting will have a chance to design that new Reformed Paganism. A religion of peace or one of war? Will you be guided by the stars or bow to the whims of bloodthirsty gods? Who will lead this new church? Build a new creed on the ashes of the old ways.
Holy Fury promises to add new depth to the already-extensive library of content of Crusader Kings II in the form of fleshing out crusades and the interactions between religions. Players who do not purchase DLC can rejoice: as with all Crusader Kings II expansions, Holy Fury will be accompanied by a major free update for all Crusader Kings players, including changes to how crusades work.
Other added features include:
- Shattered and Random Worlds: Start your game on a fictional map of Europe as a small realm fighting for space, or on a random map with historical analogues for the great kingdoms of yore.
- Warrior Lodges: Join a Pagan warrior lodge and raid your way up the ranks, unlocking access to powerful allies and greater military skill.
- Legendary Bloodlines: Descendants of great warrior heroes will have bonuses that match the accomplishments of their forefathers, including historical bloodlines of Charlemagne, Genghis Khan and others.
- Sway or Antagonize Your Neighbors: Try to win a reluctant vassal through charm and persuasion, or provoke someone you want to push into conflict.
- Sainthood: Pious Catholics can become canonized, passing on their glory to their descendants and making their resting place a site of great value.
- Coronations: Feudal kings and emperors must find clergy to crown them, since all power descends from the heavens.
- New Crusade Events: Deeper gameplay for the religious wars of the era.
- New Succession Laws: A Pagan Elder Council may have the final word in how a realm is divided among heirs, or a ruler may challenge his brother to combat to unify a realm.
- And much more: Changes to religion, custom names for people or objects, deeper baptismal mechanics, lists of people you’ve killed, and other small changes for flavor and variety.
Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury will release on PC in 2018 for $19.99.