Crossover Puzzle-Fighter Crystal Crisis Shows Off Full Switch Opening
Take a gander at the recently released opening for upcoming crossover puzzle-fighter Switch title Crystal Crisis, featuring some colorful puzzle action.
Crystal Crisis is an upcoming color-matching puzzle fighting game hybrid featuring a crossover of several prominent Nicalis characters, and now, you can check out what its opening cinematic will be like in the video below.
As the game approaches its Fall 2018 release date for the Nintendo Switch, the opening cinematic gives us a chance to see a bit of the personality of the game and the characters within. In this case, the small band of heroes includes Quote and Curly Brace from Cave Story and Isaac from The Binding of Isaac, as well as anime/manga all-stars Astro Boy and Black Jack among others. You can check out the cast of characters as they appear in the opening, as well as silhouettes of their enemies, and you can do it all while listening to some weirdly catchy dubstep-esque J-pop. It’s a pretty okay listen.
Aside from its colorful cast of characters, Crystal Crisis will also have the following features:
- 19 unique playable characters, including Quote and Curly Brace from Cave Story, Isaac from The Binding of Isaac, Atom and Black Jack from Tezuka Productions and many more.
- Build up your “Burst” Gauge with repeated combos to unleash more powerful attacks.
- Multiple single-player game modes, including Arcade, Survival Mode, Tag Team and Training Mode.
- Local and online multiplayer options to play against friends, family members or challengers worldwide.
- Innovative new “wrap-around” feature allows you to move falling pieces beyond the edge of the wall to reappear on the other side.
- Each character has his or her own stage, musical theme, unique special attacks and voice-acted exclamations.
- Optional “Colorblind Mode” makes gems easier to distinguish for players with color blindness.
Crystal Crisis will release for Nintendo Switch this fall. You can preorder the game right now on Amazon if you’re so inclined. If you’re interested in seeing some gameplay footage, you can check that out here.
This post contains affiliate links where DualShockers gets a small commission on sales. Any and all support helps keep DualShockers as a standalone, independent platform for less-mainstream opinions and news coverage.