CS:GO Update and Operation Riptide Patch Notes Today (September 22)
Operation Riptide is available now!
A brand new patch for CS:GO was deployed earlier today (September 22), and fans were shocked to find that the 9-year-old title has received such a massive update with ‘Operation Riptide’.
Although Counter-Strike: Global Offensive will be 10 years old in 2022, it still has a huge fan base, averaging around 500,000 consistent players.
But with today’s new update, CS:GO is likely to encounter a huge influx in players as Operation Riptide is now live and includes a bunch of new content for players to jump into.
Check out all of the details and full patch notes for the new CS:GO September 22 update right here in this article.
- READ MORE: Warzone Iron Trials ’84 Mode, Rules, and Rewards Explained
What Is Operation Riptide?
Operation Riptide is CS:GO’s 11th Operation and includes new maps, an overhauled mission system, new ways to play fan-favorite modes, and plenty more.
A new Operation Pass is also available for players to purchase, which includes weekly missions, your very own private queue server, new agents, cases, patches, and plenty of other rewards.
Operation Riptide also includes new ways to play, with players now being able to choose whether or not they’d prefer short matches with a competitive ruleset, or the classic 16 round match length.
Plus, choose between team deathmatch, free for all, or the classic deathmatch style.
There are also new maps, skins, and rewards for players to discover. More details on everything available in Operation Riptide can be found on the official Counter-Strike website.
- READ MORE: FIFA 22 Early Access Release Time, Date, and Pre-Load
CS:GO – September 22 Patch Notes
Below you will find the official patch notes for the brand new CS:GO update deployed on September 22. These notes were taken from the official Counter-Strike website.
- Introducing Operation Riptide, featuring new maps, new missions, and new ways to play your favorite game modes! Activate an Operation Riptide Pass and complete your missions to earn rewards including all new agents, weapon collections, stickers, and patches.
- Private Matchmaking Queues
- Generate a Queue Code and share it with your friends to create a private Premier match on Valve servers
- Or, select one of your Steam Groups and play a match exclusively with other members of that group
- Added the option to select a preference for match duration in competitive Matchmaking: Short (MR 16), Long (MR 30), or No Preference.
- Added the option to select Classic Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch (first team to 100 kills wins), and Free-for-all Deathmatch (all players are enemies).
- Reduced max rounds to 10 and eliminated half-time team swap.
- Reduced round time
- Adjusted weapon progression
- Adjusted weapon progression
- Players now receive a health-shot after three kills
- Grenades can now be dropped just like weapons.
- Vision after death reduced from 3.0s to 2.0s (vision by headshot reduced from 1.0s to 0.5s).
- Reduced body damage
- Increased body damage
- Dual Elites
- Reduced price to $300
- Riot Shield
- Added the Riot Shield heavy weapon to the buy menu, currently purchasable by CTs in Casual Hostage map groups.
- County has been added to official matchmaking in Danger Zone game mode.
- Basalt and Insertion II have been added to official matchmaking in Competitive, Casual, and Deathmatch game modes.
- Ravine and Extraction have been added to official matchmaking in Wingman game mode.
- The following maps are no longer available in official matchmaking: Grind, Mocha, Pitstop, Calavera, Frostbite.
- Slight visibility tweak from T spawn through mid
- Improved visibility into B back site from upper tunnels
- Made gate at top of banana solid
- Revised 1v1 layout
- Minor bug fixes
- Increased size of plantable area in both bombsites
- Fixed bullet penetration on plywood surfaces
- Further optimizations
- Added 1v1 arenas