Studio MDHR’s 1930s-inspired-boss-rush Cuphead released just over two months ago and the latest update attempts to knock out some of the issues, and balance a few of the game’s aspects in order to provide a more polished post-launch experience. Patch 1.1.3 released yesterday and is aimed at improving fans’ quality of life.
You can check out the full list of changes to the game below.
Some of the most notable changes include the ability to maintain your weapon charge throughout a parry and bosses behaving as designed (yeah, they weren’t difficult enough before). There’s also some updates to controller functions, which were causing disconnects and freezes, as well as killing some controllers’ charge when a controller rumble would go on forever.
You also can’t make a Mugman army in the overworld anymore by removing and adding player 2 in quick succession.
There were some changes to the Devil fight, such as his goat attack now properly hitting players who are ducking –and polishing some hitboxes on his snake attack. Oh and there’s now a “spooky” announcer during Mausoleum encounters.
Thankfully, no changes have been made to the King Dice theme song, which is, in my opinion, one of the best songs of the year.
Cuphead is available now for PC and Xbox One. You can check out our review of the game here. Or if you’re a fan of Dark Souls, you can check out this incredible fan-made parody crossover.
- Fixed various freezes caused by controller disconnection/reconnection
- Fixed infinite controller rumble bug
- Fixed various freezes and soft-locks and crashes
- Improvements to saving and loading
- No longer possible to create a Mugman army.
- Fixed rapid-weapon-swap damage glitch
- Slight charge weapon damage reduction
- Charge weapon charge is now maintained during parry
- It is now possible to unequip secondary weapon, Super, and Charm from equipment menu (Press “Y” to unequip)
- Mr. Chimes no longer gets stuck or goes off-screen
- King Dice’s Start Over square will now only trigger once per attempt
- Player 2 now appears in the King Dice board after being revived at the end of a mini-boss level
- Dice Palace score now properly resets when retrying the level
- Fixed improper hit boxes on the Devil’s snake attack
- Fixed Devil’s goat attack so it hits ducking players
- Elevator on Rugged Ridge no longer locks if Player 1 dies
- A+ grade now possible on Funfair Fever and Treetop Trouble
- No longer possible to damage bosses that are off-screen
- Fixed rare crash when parrying on Carnival Kerfuffle
- Fixed Roundabout shots not coming back on screen on select stages
- Baroness Von Bon Bon death results now properly displays progress on phase 3
- Dr. Kahl’s Robot death results now properly displays progress on phase 1
- Fixed various minor collision bugs
- Various art and animation polish
- Minor sound effect bug fixes and polish
- Added spooky Mausoleum announcer
- Touch fuzzy, get a little dizzy