Cyberpunk 2077 Gets Fantastic New Artwork and Tons of Information
CD Projekt RED opened the floodgates and disclosed a ton of new information about Cyberpunk 2077, alongside new artwork.
Following the reveal at E3 2018, CD Projekt Red sent in a press release with a lot of juicy information about Cyberpunk 2077.
We learn about the protagonist V, that players can shape however they want, some information about the story, and plenty about gameplay, which will be in first-person perspective. That being said, the developers have been careful to explain that it’s a first-person RPG with some shooter elements, not a FPS with a layer of RPG on top.
The game promises “dozens of hours of main story arc quests and many more of additional activities” with a rich city to explore in a completely open world, full night and day cycle and dynamic weather system.
Looks like CD Projekt Red really pulled all the stops to create another game that can stand on par with The Witcher 3, and maybe even surpass it.
You can read the full information below, unedited, since it’s too good to change anything of it.
About the game
In 2077, America is in pieces. Megacorps control life in all its aspects from the top floors of their sky-high hustlers and slingers of illicit braindances run the streets. The world in between is where decadence,
sex and pop culture mix with violent crime, extreme poverty and the unattainable promise of the American Dream.
In a world where you have no future, what matters is that you control who you are. To survive and protect your independence, you modify your body with advanced cyberware and take jobs others would never
dare. You choose to live free, bound by no systems or controls — the only rules you obey are your own.
Because you’re a Cyberpunk.
In Cyberpunk 2077 you play as V — a hired gun on the rise — and you just got your first serious contract. In a world of cyberenhanced street warriors, tech-savvy netrunners and corporate lifehackers, today you take your first step towards becoming an urban legend.
Become a street mercenary of the future…
Create a hero able to survive in America’s most dangerous megacity.
- Create Your Own Cyberpunk — Your name is V, and you can be anyone you want to be. Cyberpunk 2077 will feature full character customization, with gender, appearance and personal background all
affecting the shape of your game. As you progress, you’ll develop skills in urban warfare and network hacking, as well as modify your body with cyberware like infra-red eyes or neural reflex boosters.
- Fluid Class System — Become a Netrunner, Techie or Solo… or a mix of all three. Cyberpunk 2077 doesn’t impose any player roles and allows for crafting and the free mixing of abilities across all available classes.
- See Night City Through Your Eyes — Cyberpunk 2077 brings First Person Perspective back to the role-playing genre. Deep narrative immersion is a key design priority, and you’ll experience the story
of the game’s protagonist entirely through their eyes.
- Interactive Dialogue Control — You’re a participant, an agent, not an observer. Cyberpunk 2077 features an interactive dialogue system that gives players maximum control during conversations
— comment on an uncooperative character’s tattoo to please them, or end a conversation early with a well-placed bullet. The choice is always yours.
- Game Noir — With its mature approach to storytelling, Cyberpunk 2077 adopts elements of noir cinema and inserts them into the future of video games. Without a clear definition of what’s good or evil, in Cyberpunk 2077 you’ll make hard choices to define yourself in a city that wants to bring you to your knees.
… and enter the most decadent megacity…
Night City is a playground for dreamers, an urban jungle that offers luxury, excess… or a bullet to the brain if you mess with the corporations.
- Go Anywhere, Do Anything — Cyberpunk 2077 is fully open-world, which means Night City is yours for the taking — if you’re prepared. With 6 distinct districts to explore, hundreds of buildings and
thousands of rooms to enter, and dozens of miles of roads to hit, there are always places to be and things to do.
- You’re Worth What You Have — The world of cyberpunks is all about your gear. Wear designer clothes, buy (or steal) cars, and acquire black market military tech to help you during your missions. Then use your blood money to invest in properties all around the city.
- Jack In, Run the Net — Night City is fully connected and offers countless cyberspace access terminals. As you explore the Net, you’ll discover layers of hidden systems, firewalls and security programs deployed to fry your brain. During missions, you’ll clash with hostile netrunners defending corporate megabuildings — both in cyberspace and in the real world.
… to uncover it’s dirtiest secrets.
Story-driven and action-packed, Cyberpunk 2077’s cinematic plot was written to provide a rich and robust single-player experience. Offering dozens of activities like side quests and Street Stories, the game is a good fit for both hardcore completionists and gamers who like to focus on instant action. Featuring CD PROJEKT RED’s trademark storytelling system driven by choice and consequence, in Cyberpunk 2077 players navigate the streets of Night City along strongly contrasting paths to arrive at one of a range of story outcomes.
You can enjoy some new artwork below, showing scenes and player character samples for a male and female V.
You can probably guess that there is still no release window, even if the developers are going to be a lot more open about the game going forward. If you want to see more, you can also enjoy the fantastic cinematic trailer.