Dark Souls III Dominates April’s NPD Results, Followed by Ratchet & Clank
Looks like there’s some sun praising to be done, at least at Bandai Namco and From Software, with Dark Souls III dominating NPD results for the United States in the past month.
- Dark Souls III (PS4, Xbox One)
- Ratchet & Clank 2016 (PS4)
- MLB 16: The Show (PS4, PS3)
- Tom Clancy’s The Division (PS4, Xbox One, PC)
- Grand Theft Auto V (PS4, Xbox One, 360, PS3, PC)
- Minecraft (Xbox One, 360, PS4, PS3)
- Quantum Break (Xbox One)
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III (Xbox One, PS4, 360, PS3, PC)
- NBA 2K16 (PS4, Xbox One, 360, PS3)
- Star Fox: Zero (Wii U)
As usual, platforms are mentioned in order of sales, excluding hardware bundles and digital sales (which one would argue might be making NPD increasingly meaningless, but I digress).
Incidentally, hardware sales declined 21% year on year, and neither Sony, Microsoft or Nintendo sent any triumphant press release boasting hardware domination at the moment of this writing. This might indicate that console manufacturers are holding their cards close to their chests as E3 approaches.
We’ll update this article if any further details emerge on that front.