Darkest Dungeon Makes It’s Kickstarter Goal And More in One Day; House of Ruin Trailer Released
The last time Red Hook Games gave us a peek at their upcoming PC dungeon crawler RPG Darkest Dungeon, the “Terror and Madness” trailer showed off how the game uses paranoia and fear just as much as conflict to affect your gameplay. The newest trailer, “House of Ruin” showcases this even more, with how psychological distress can break down your adventurers one by one, leading to a horrible end.
Darkest Dungeon is being influenced by some of movie cinema’s most psychotic characters, including the panicked Hudson from Aliens, MacReady’s booze-battling from The Thing, and James’s detached sadism from The Hurt Locker.
Darkest Dungeon has recently started a Kickstarter Campaign that has already succeeded its goal, having reached $90,500 out of its $75,000 goal with 30 more days to go. The game will include:
- The Affliction System – heroes’ personalities are paramount! Contend with paranoia, abusiveness, fear, irrationality, and a host of gameplay-meaningful quirks
- Striking hand-drawn gothic crowquill art style
- Innovative turn-based combat pits you against a host of diabolical monsters
- Classic CRPG and roguelike features, including meaningful permadeath, procedural dungeons, and incredible replay
- A distinctive game world featuring over a dozen unique playable character classes such as the Plague Doctor, the Highwayman, and even the Leper!
- Town meta-game – tend to your heroes wounds, both corporeal and cerebral
- Loot! Gold, jewels, heirlooms, and mystical trinkets. Not to mention upgradable armor, weapons, and consumable supplies.
- Things That Once Seen Can Never Be Unseen…
Darkest Dungeon will be coming sometime later this year; for more on the game, check out the Kickstarter Campaign and the Darkest Dungeon website.