Darkest Dungeon – The Crimson Court Expansion Launches on PC with Creepy Trailer
Darkest Dungeon – The Crimson Court, the first expansion to the excellent turn-based RPG Darkest Dungeon released today, so Red Hook Studios, the game’s developers, released a launch trailer to celebrate.
This expansion sheds some more light on the Ancestor’s early days, and can be played either parallel to the main campaign or on its own. For those curious about what exactly is included in The Crimson Court, the developers complied the following list of what’s included in it:
- A new hero class. “Awash in blood and delusion, they bear the burden of a thousand lifetimes.”
- A new wandering boss: The Fanatic
- A new dungeon region: The Courtyard
- A full faction of new deadly foes
- 4 new, unique Courtyard Bosses with some of the most complex and devious mechanics yet.
- Massive, sprawling maps with locked doors, prisoner rooms, and progress saves
- Districts: New prestige buildings that offer permanent, estate-wide bonuses
- Lore-driven trinket sets for all heroes – with set bonuses!
While The Crimson Court is now available on PC, Mac, and Linux, it has not yet come to the PS Vita and PS4 version of the game. This is because the developers wanted to wait for any needed hotfixes to be created, as it is much harder to issue a hotfix on consoles than it is on PC. Red Hook Studios is currently aiming to release the expansion on PlayStation consoles sometime in July.
You can watch the launch trailer below. Darkest Dungeon is currently available on PC, Mac, Linux, PS4, and PS Vita.