Red Hook Studios announced today that Darkest Dungeon: The Crimson Court will be launching on PC, Mac, and Linux June 19 for $9.99.
The Crimson Court is Darkest Dungeon’s first major expansion. While Darkest Dungeon is also currently available on PS4 and PS Vita, the expansion will not launch on those platforms at the same time, as the developers want to make sure console builds benefit from post-launch hotfixes that the Steam release might receive, as it is a longer process to issue hotfixes on PSN. Red Hook Studios is aiming to bring it to those consoles sometime in July.
For those curious about what the upcoming expansion contains, the developers complied the following list of what’s included in The Crimson Court:
- A new hero class. “Awash in blood and delusion, they bear the burden of a thousand lifetimes.”
- A new wandering boss: The Fanatic
- A new dungeon region: The Courtyard
- A full faction of new deadly foes
- 4 new, unique Courtyard Bosses with some of the most complex and devious mechanics yet.
- Massive, sprawling maps with locked doors, prisoner rooms, and progress saves
- Districts: New prestige buildings that offer permanent, estate-wide bonuses
- Lore-driven trinket sets for all heroes – with set bonuses!
To commemorate the release date announcement, the developers commissioned an art piece from Leesha Hannigan, which you can check out below. Darkest Dungeon is currently available on PC, Mac, Linux, PS4, and PS Vita.