Darksiders II Patch Detailed For All Three Platforms
THQSledgehammer posted on the official Darksiders community forums today, detailing exactly what fixes would be a part of the upcoming separate patches for the Xbox360, PS3, and PC versions of the Darksiders II. The game, while delivering fantastic gameplay, was prone to crashing or otherwise halting progression due to various bugs that Vigil overlooked before the game went to print, costing the game many points in various reviews. This will be the second patch for the PC version of the game, as the first one was to resolve a lot of glaring issues with the game that made it unplayable by many.
The lucky thing is that Darksiders II has a fantastic save system, literally picking up at any point you have saved, meaning that crashes never cost the player more than maybe a few minutes in progression. Either way, a stable game is better than a game where “you don’t lose much”, so it’s nice to see THQ and Vigil making a point to fix an otherwise strong title. You can read below or head to the forums to view the patch details. (Xbox/PS3) (PC)
Xbox 360/PS3: (PS3 Exclusive Patches in Bold)
– A few crashes in Blackstone, including at the 2nd lever and during the Lilith cut-scene.
– A crash occurring when proceeding back to the Cauldron after completing it.
– The Custodian falling through the bridge in the Foundry when back-tracking through the dungeon.
– Various fixes for the custodian issues in the Foundry and the Scar
– Progression blocker with the Chancellor, reported after crashing or doing the Crucible before going to the land of the dead.
– Turning in 3 Stones of resistance awards the player properly.
– Improved general stability
– Spanish sub titles will be added to the North America version of Darksiders II.
– Players will be able to back up their save without having to use an online save
– In this patch your key mappings will revert to defaults.
– Added Key Bindings option to the Pause Menu. (Previous location on the Moves List still there)
– The V-sync graphics option is now functional.
– Reaper Form now triggers correctly when using a Keyboard.
– Video Settings save to the Steam Cloud correctly.
– You can now sacrifice items below the 3rd row in the Possessed Weapon menu.
– Target Reticules align properly at all screen resolutions.
– Addressed crashes in Blackstone, including at the 2nd lever and during the Lilith cut-scene.
– Various gameplay progressions fixes.