Darksiders III Reveal Leaked for PS4, Xbox One, and PC; Screenshots and Game Details
Need some Darksiders in your life? Good news: Darksiders III for PS4, Xbox One, and PC has been leaked by retailer Amazon.
As you may know, the first Darksiders released back in 2010, followed by Darksiders II in 2012. Both were received quite well among critics, and developed a hardcore cultish following among gamers. Since 2012, the franchise has been quiet though until last year (bar Darksiders II: Deathinitive Edition) when Darksiders: Warmastered Edition released, a enhanced port of the first game for current-gen consoles.
The series’ creative director notably indicated that the franchise had a future after the previous publisher THQ collapsed, but no new game has so far been officially unveiled. Which brings us to today, where an Amazon listing lists Darksiders III from publisher THQ Nordic (who own the IP) and developer Gunfire Games, who is comprised of many members of old series developer Vigil Games and who worked on the above mentioned Darksiders II : Deathinitive Edition.
Listed for the PS4, Xbox One, and PC, the game is without a story overview but does mention the following features, including insights into the main protagonist FURY (who looks awesome):
- Play as FURY – a mage who must rely on her whip and magic to restore the balance between good and evil on Earth!
- Harness FURY’s magic to unleash her various forms – each granting her access to new weapons, moves and traversal abilities
- Explore an open-ended, living, free-form game world in which FURY moves back and forth between environments to uncover secrets while advancing the story
- Defeat the Seven Deadly Sins and their servants who range from mystical creatures to degenerated beings
- Darksiders signature art style – expansive post-apocalyptic environments that take the player from the heights of heaven to the depths of hell, dilapidated by war and decay and overrun by nature
The listing further mentions a 2018 release and provides the following screenshots: