David Jaffe Would Love to Bring Back Sweet Tooth in a 16 Bit Zelda-like Action RPG
David Jaffe is currently hard at work on Drawn to Death for PS4, but he has another dream besides that. He’d like to bring back his old dear Sweet Tooth from Twisted Metal, but in a rather unexpected way.
In a video published by YouTube user MistaOfficialVG, the veteran developer mentions a few details about the idea:
- He would love to do a game just with Sweet Tooth and his “fucked up family,” but he doesn’t want to do another car game.
- It could have cars as an element, but it wouldn’t be a purely car game.
- He wouldn’t do it immediately, as he can make only one game at a time, but one day he’d love to go back to the Twisted Metal universe.
- Jaffe would love to do it as a 16 bit retro action RPG with top-down perspective like Chrono Trigger, Secret of Mana or Legend of Zelda.
- It wouldn’t cost that much to make, so he could take all sorts of chances with it.
Jaffe was also asked what he thinks of the PS4, and he mentioned that for him working with Sony’s new console has been great, both as a gamer and as a developer.
You can check out the whole video below.
[Thanks for the tip: Is A Parrot]