DayZ Receives an Official Full Xbox One Launch This Month With PS4 Release Coming Later This Year
DayZ will launch on Xbox One this coming March 27 with a PS4 release in the pipeline for later this year
The Xbox One version of DayZ will finally depart Xbox Game Preview this month which means anyone looking to jump into the title in its entirety, can do so on March 27. Developer Bohemia Interactive has stated that they will include several updates to the game as part of its full release which will include improved rendering performance, optimized inventory performance, better inventory interaction, new controller layout which introduces some missing controls like holding breath, leaning, dodging and better optics interactions, and general improvements to player controls.
It’s been a long time in the making for the studio since DayZ went into early access in 2013 and then the title only entered Microsoft’s early-access-style Xbox Game Preview programme last August, but Bohemia Interactive had high hopes that DayZ would make it an Xbox One release in Q1 this year, so it seems as though so far they are right on track.
For those who don’t know, DayZ started its life as a popular mod for the open-world tactical shooter ARMA 2 and from there, this is where the creator of PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds Brendan Greene got his start – hence crafting the whole battle royale genre we know today.
Some of the key features you will experience in DayZ is as follows:
- Detailed, authentic backdrop of Chernarus, an open world terrain featuring 230 square kilometres of hand-crafted environment based on real-life locations
- Real emotional experience driven by the emergent interactions of 60 players on the server, all fighting for survival by any means necessary
- Environmental dangers including the infected, dynamic weather, and animal predators
- Wide variety of complex survival mechanics – from hunting and crafting, through sophisticated injury simulation, to transferable diseases
- Persistent servers with complex loot economy, and the ability to build improvised bases
- Visceral, authentic gunplay and melee combat systems
- Smooth and reactive character controller utilizing a detailed animation system
Bohemia Interactive previously stated that a PS4 version of DayZ would launch at the same time as the Xbox One release but at this time of writing, the studio hasn’t confirmed a date for this – only that a PS4 version will release sometime this year.
DayZ will be available on Xbox One on March 27 with a price of $49.99/£41.99
You can check out the DayZ – Every Day is a New Story Cinematic Trailer, below: