DBFZ Patch Notes March 2021 - System & Character Changes Explained
GT Goku, Beerus, Android 21, and more characters from Dragon Ball Fighter Z are hosting new changes.
During the Dragon Ball Games Battlehour stream, we got to receive some details about Dragon Ball FighterZ‘s upcoming update that will add Super Saiyan 4 Gogeta to the game. Based on the DBFZ patch notes March 2021, shared soon after the end of the aforementioned stream, you can spot some changes coming to the game’s fighting system and playable characters, including Ultra Instinct Goku, Beerus, Android 21, Super Baby 2, GT Goku, and KidBuu. Without further ado, let’s see what the upcoming patch brings to the game.
DBFZ Patch Notes March 2021
Dragon Ball FighterZ system changes
- Some Z Assists:
- Fixed an issue in which pre-attack effects for some Z Assists would remain on the screen under certain circumstances.
- The affected Z Assists are as follows: Super Saiyan Goku Z Assist A, Yamcha Z Assist B, Tien Z Assist A, Cell Z Assist A, Goku Black Z Assist A, Base Form Goku Z Assist C.
Ultra Instinct Goku
- Crouching heavy attack – Increased recovery on crouching heavy attack.
- Unrestrained Will – Increased start-up and landing recovery for Unrestrained Will.
- Embodied Light – Reduced horizontal range of the grounded version of Embodied Light.
- Godly Strike – Increased damage scaling on Godly Strike and reduced its damage when there is no camera effect.
- Accelerating Battle Spirit – Increased landing recovery for Accelerating Battle Spirit.
- Z Assist A:
- Z Assist A and Rising Heat are now only invincible to jumping attacks.
- Adjusted Rising Heat’s properties, as it is now no longer an invincible move.
- Super attacks and meteor attacks – Reduced minimum damage for all super attacks and meteor attacks.
- Z Assist A and grounded Kamehameha – Adjust Z Assist A and grounded Kamehameha when blocked.
- Z Assist A – Increased the start-up of Z Assist A.
- Z Assist C – Adjusted the damage scaling on Z Assist C to match that of the scaling for other characters.
- Quality of Life – Fixed an issue in which crouching unique attack would behave strangely under certain conditions.
- Z Assist – Z Assists now return even during the time freeze when God of Destruction’s Judgement hits.
Super Baby 2
- Parasite Takeover – Adjusted the movement of the medium version of Parasite Takeover to better differentiate it from the light version.
- Interceptor Kick – Interceptor Kick is now affected by the decrease in untechable time from being used in combos.