Dead By Daylight (DBD) Chapter 22 PTB Update 5.4.0 Patch Notes
Here's everything you need to know about Chapter 22!
Following a few teasers by Behaviour Interactive, Chapter 22 of Dead By Daylight is set to arrive on Steam’s Player Test Build servers later today, with the official patch notes detailing what’s new.
Although the full release of Chapter 22 won’t be arriving for another few weeks, players will soon be able to test out the new update via the Dead By Daylight PTB on Steam. If you’re eager to jump in, check out the official details and patch notes below.
- READ MORE: A GTA IV Remaster Could Be Arriving In 2023, According To Insider
What’s New In Chapter 22?
Today’s new update is a big one, as we begin Chapter 22 ‘A Portrait of a Murder’. Included in Chapter 22 is a new Killer, Survivor, and a brand new map. The killer is called The Artist and comes with 3 exclusive perks. Whilst the new survivor is called Jonah Vasquez and also has 3 exclusive perks.
As well as new characters to play as, there’s the new Eyrie of Crows map and plenty of bug fixes. Full details on all of the Chapter 22 changes can be found in the Dead By Daylight 5.4.0 patch notes below.
- READ MORE: A Call of Duty: Vanguard x Attack on Titan Collab Has Been Leaked
Dead By Daylight – Chapter 22 PTB Patch Notes
Below you will find the official patch notes for the Dead By Daylight Chapter 22 update, which is available on Steam’s PTB versions of the game.
- Added a new Killer – The Artist
- Perks – Grim Embrace, Scourge Hook: Pain, and Hex: Pentimento
- Added a new Survivor – Jonah Vasquez
- Perks – Overcome, Corrective Action, and Boon: Exponential
- Added a new map – Eyrie of Crows
- Loadout and Customization menus now have Page Markers
- Markers include the number of the page
- Markers can be directly selected to jump to the desired page
- Added Subtitles to the HUD
- Can be toggled in the options
- Added a New/Sale badge to the Store
- Only applies to in-game speech (just The Trickster at this time)
- Re-enabled location restriction when snuffing Boon totems
- Updated the character portraits for Meg, Dwight, Adam, and Laurie.
- Updated the character background images in the Character Info and Store menus for Quentin, Feng, Kate, David, Jake, Nea, Adam, Meg, and Dwight.
- Added input prompts for the Anti-Hemorrhagic Syringe, Styptic Agents, and Glass Beads add-ons
- The Store DLC Purchase Popup now specifies the character associated with exclusive items
Cenobite Addon Update
- Liquified Gore: Solving time increased by 1 second (was 2 seconds)
- Torture Pillar: Chain Hunt activation time reduced by 5 seconds (was 10 seconds)
- Larry’s Remains: Solving time increased by 2 seconds (was 4 seconds)
- Chatterer’s Tooth: Undetectable status now lasts 25 seconds (was 12 seconds)
- Engineer’s Fang: When hitting an injured Survivor with a possessed chain, only 1 additional chain will spawn
- Iridescent Lament Configuration: Range is now 24 meters (was 16 meters)
- Optimized The Spirit’s performance
- Fixed the broken Game Manual tab on the Tutorial screen.
- Fixed an issue that allowed survivors to consume other survivor’s Clairvoyance perk.
- Fixed in issue that caused Boon Totem vignettes to disappear when moving between overlapping Boon ranges.
- Fixed an issue that may cause the Boon Totem vignette to linger when the survivor who applied a Boon leaves the match.
- Fixed an issue that caused a hitch to occur at the end of vaults with the Legion.
- Fixed an issue that caused Hag traps set in the Asylum’s entrance not to get triggered.
- Fixed an issue that let The Nightmare place Dream Snares which would not be seen from below on top of stairs.
- Fixed an issue that may cause the sound notification for the 4th generator completed not to trigger.
- Fixed an issue that may cause the Afterpiece Tonic gas not to match the affected area when the bottle explodes high above ground level.
- Fixed an issue that may cause survivors to attacked by the Chain Hunt while they are solving the lament configuration.
- Fixed an issue that caused a placeholder icon to be seen when affected by another player’s Leader perk.
- Fixed an issue that caused a gun SFX to be heard when entering into the tally screen as The Deathslinger.
- Fixed in issue that caused non-lethal interruptions not to grant progress towards the Quick Draw achievement.
- Fixed an issue where players could unlock achievements when playing on the PTB environment.
- Fixed an issue where sometimes the camera in the Killer lobby would be off center.
- Some subtitles for The Trickster have not been fully translated into all languages.
- Doors powered by generators appear closed for the player(s) who did not complete the generator. (Visual only bug)
- Players are able to land on top of a generator inside the tower in the Eyrie of Crows map.
- Some facial animation issues for some Survivors when chained by the Cenobite.
- The auras of the Artist’s crow flock is missing when the Artist is very close to the affected Survivor.
- Recovery speed stacks when between 2 Boon Totems affected by perk Boon: Exponential.