Dead By Daylight PTB Update 5.3.0 Patch Notes Today (September 28)
A new survivor arrives in today's update!
If you play exclusively on the PTB version of Dead By Daylight (DBD) then you’ll be pleased to know that the Chapter 21.5 update will be deployed today (September 28), featuring a brand new survivor and a bunch of changes.
With the update confirmed to be going live at 11AM ET / 4PM BST, fans are eager to know what’s coming in today’s exclusive update. Whilst you wait for Chapter 21.5 to arrive, check out the official patch notes right here in this article to find out more.
- READ MORE: Dead By Daylight Spirit Nerf Changes Explained
Dead By Daylighjt Chapter 21.5 Update (September 28)
The Mid-Chapter update for Dead By Daylight Chapter 21 is set to go live on the PTB servers later today (September 28), and include a bunch of re-works and even a new survivor, Mikaela Reid.
Fans will be eager to jump in and play as the new survivor, but there have also been numerous re-works and balances to pre-existing killers and survivors.
Make sure to read about all of the changes featured in the September 28 Dead By Daylight PTB update in the patch notes below.
For those interested in playing Chapter 21.5, it will only be available via the Player Test Builds, which is an exclusive feature to Steam. The full release of the update is expected to arrive in a few weeks for PC and consoles.
- READ MORE: 5 Ways Call of Duty Vanguard Will Completely Change Warzone
DBD Update 5.3.0 Patch Notes
Below you will find the official Dead By Daylight patch notes for the September 28 PTB update. This update brings the game to version 5.3.0 for those who play on the PTB version of DBD.
- Added a new Survivor: Mikaela Reid
- Updated the Character Select portraits for several Survivors. (David, Jake, Nea, Kate, Quentin, and Feng)
- Item and Add-on descriptions have been rewritten
- “Considerably” and other vague terms have been replaced with number values
- Added in reminder text for Status Effects: Any Add-ons that trigger status effect also include a brief description on the status effect
- The hatch will now only appear when one survivor is left alive
- Survivors can open the hatch after it has been kicked shut by using a key
- Key interaction takes 2.5 seconds, and does not lose progress when interrupted
- The achievement “Where Did They Go!?” has been changed to “The Key to Escaping”
- Base trap carrying capacity and starting traps increased to 2 (was 1)
- Trap aura color changed from red to white to be consistent with other killer object auras
- The number of traps spawned on a given map is now always 6 (was random 4-6)
- Add-on – Trapper Gloves: Setting speed bonus increased to 30% (was 20%)
- Add-on – Wax Brick: Trap escape modifier removed. Added effect: 33% increase to rescue and escape time. Rarity decreased to Uncommon (was Rare).
- Add-on – Trapper Bag. Reduced number of additional traps to 1 (was 2). Rarity increased to Rare (was Uncommon).
- Add-on – Secondary Coil: Increased trap disarm time to 50% (was 43%)
- Add-on – Fastening Tools: Trap escape modifier removed. Added effect: 25% increase to rescue and escape time. Rarity decreased to Rare (was Very Rare).
- Reworked Add-on – Oily Coil: When resetting a Bear Trap, reveal the aura of the most recent Survivor to disarm it for 5 seconds
- Reworked Add-on – Trapper Sack: Bear Traps are carried at the beginning of the trial instead of spawning on the map. Bear Traps cannot be picked up.
- New Add-on – Bear Oil: Setting a Bear Trap is silent
- New Add-on – Makeshift Wrap: The Trapper cannot be caught by his Bear Traps. The Bear Trap will be disarmed if The Trapper steps on it.
- New Add-on – Coffee Grinds: Gain a 5% Haste status effect for 5 seconds after setting a Bear Trap
- New Add-on – Lengthened Jaws: Bear Traps inflict Deep Wound on Survivors
- New Add-on – Tension Spring: The Bear Trap resets 2 seconds after a Survivor escapes from it
- The following add-ons have been removed: Strong Coil Spring, Trap Setters, Logwood Dye, Setting Tools, Stitched Bag
- New Bear Trap SFX when using Padded Jaws add-on
- Uncloaking speed boost duration reduced to 1 seconds (was 1.25 seconds)
- Add-on – All Seeing: Blood: Aura reveal range decreased to 8 meters (was 12 meters)
- Add-on – Death Engravings: Added effect: Decreases heat generated while charging by 14%
- Add-on – Doom Engravings: Added effect: Decreases heat generated while charging by 14%
- Add-on – Mother’s Helpers: Charge speed bonus after being stunned increased to 18% (was 12%)
- Add-on – Tuned Carburetor: Charge speed bonus increased to 25% (was 20%)
- Reworked Add-on – Black Grease: Increases Chainsaw charge speed by 18% for 30 seconds after being blinded
- Reworked Add-on – Pighouse Gloves: Increases action speed by 20% when breaking pallets or walls, or damaging generators. Decreases duration of pallet stuns by 50%.
- Add-on – Torn Bookmark: Removed line of sight restriction. Added effect: Increases Blink recharge time by 50%.
- Add-on – Memorial Flower: Rarity decreased to Common (was Uncommon)
- Add-on – Vanity Mirror: Removed speed penalty
- Add-on – Judith’s Tombstone: Speed penalty now only applies to Evil Within III
- Add-on – Waterlogged Shoe: Increased speed bonus to 4.5% (was 2%)
- Add-on – Bag of Gears: Increased Reverse Bear Trap setting speed bonus to 50% (was 20%)
- Add-on – Crate of Gears: Decreased Jigsaw Box search penalty to 33% (was 43%)
- Add-on – Tampered Timer: Decreased Reverse Bear Trap death timer modification to 20 seconds (was 30 seconds)
- Add-on – Rule Set N.2: Decreased rarity to Rare (was Ultra Rare)
- Add-on – Amanda’s Letter: Jigsaw Box reduction removed. Aura reveal range increased to 16 meters (was 12 meters).
- Reworked Add-on – John’s Medical File: Increases crouched move speed by 6%
- Reworked Add-on – Razor Wires: Failing a Jigsaw Box skill check while uninjured will injure the survivor
- Reworked Add-on – Workshop Grease: Increases Ambush attack charge speed by 50%. Decreases Ambush attack miss cooldown by 25%. Increased rarity to Uncommon (was Common).
- Reworked Add-on – Last Will: Increases Ambush attack movement speed by 6%. Increases time to charge Ambush attack by 66%.
- Reworked Add-on – Interlocking Razor: Failing a Jigsaw Box skill check while injured will inflict Deep Wound on the Survivor
- Reworked Add-on – Jigsaw’s Annotated Plan: Increases available Reverse Bear Traps by 1. Increases Reverse Bear Trap death timer by 10 seconds. Whenever a generator is completed, 10 seconds is removed from the death timer of all active Reverse Bear Traps.
- Reworked Add-on – Jigsaw’s Sketch: Increases available Reverse Bear Traps by 1. When a Survivor with a Reverse Bear Trap is working on a generator, that generator’s aura is revealed to you.
- Reworked Add-on – Video Tape: Survivors begin the trial with Reverse Bear Traps installed. Rarity increased to Ultra Rare (was Uncommon).
- While phase walking Survivors within 24 meters of The Spirit (not the husk) hear a directional audio cue that gains volume with proximity
- Add-on – Juniper Bonsai: Added effect: Increases Passive Phasing duration by 50%
- Reworked Add-on – Dried Cherry Blossom: Survivors trigger Killer Instinct when they come within 4 meters of The Spirit while she is phasing. Scratch marks are no longer visible while using Yamaoka’s Haunting.
- Reworked Add-on – Wakizashi Saya: During Yamaoka’s Haunting, use the Active Ability button to return to the husk and end the haunting
- New Add-on – Mother’s Glasses: Survivors trigger Killer Instinct when they come within 2 meters of the husk. Scratch marks are no longer visible while using Yamaoka’s Haunting.
- New Add-on – Uchiwa: Instantly recharges Yamoka’s Haunting when stunned by a pallet
- New Add-on – Senko Hanabi: When Yamaoka’s Haunting ends, The Spirit’s husk explodes and any vaults within 4 meters are blocked for 5 seconds
- New Add-on – Furin: The phasing sound is heard by all Survivors
- New Add-on – Kintsugi Teacup: Instantly recharges Yamaoka’s Haunting after breaking a pallet or wall
- The following add-ons have been removed: Bloody Hair Brooch, Dirty Uwabaki, Katsumori Talisman, Prayer Beads Bracelet, Father’s Glasses
- New Terror Radius music
- If the power button is released early, Vile Purge will continue charging to the minimum threshold instead of cancelling and entering cooldown
- Vile Purge cooldown move speed increased from 2.3m/s to 3.6m/s
- Base object infection time increased to 40 seconds (was 35 seconds)
- Interacting with infected objects generates 2x more sickness over time than interacting with non-infected objects
- Time to cleanse at a fountain increased to 8 seconds (was 6 seconds)
- Add-on – Limestone Seal: Object infection bonus increased to 20 seconds (was 5 seconds)
- Add-on – Emetic Potion: Increased Vile Purge effectiveness bonus to 30% (was 25%)
- Add-on – Hematite Seal: Object infection bonus increased to 30 seconds (was 10 seconds)
- Add-on – Infected Emetic: Decreased Vile Purge effectiveness bonus to 40% (was 50%)
- Add-on – Ashen Apple: Removed object infection duration modifier. Added effect: Increases the number of Pools of Devotion in the trial by 1.
- Add-on – Rubbing Oil: Reduced Vile Purge charge speed bonus to 50% (was 100%)
- Add-on – Exorcism Amulet: Increased Corrupt Purge duration bonus to 10 seconds (was 6 seconds)
- Add-on – Devotees Amulet: Increased Corrupt Purge duration bonus to 20 seconds (was 8 seconds)
- Add-on – Black Incense: Decreased survivor aura reveal duration to 3 seconds (was 5 seconds)
- Add-on – Iridescent Seal: Removed speed penalty while holding Corrupt Purge
- Reworked Add-on – Prayer Tablet Fragment: Vile Purge no longer affects Survivors. Increases object infection duration by 40 seconds. Increases infection from infected objects by 100%. Increases Devious Bloodpoints by 100%.
- Reworked Add-on – Olibanum Incense: Survivors who cleanse at fountains have their auras revealed for 4 seconds
- Reworked Add-on – Prophylactic Amulet: Decreases the number of Pools of Devotion in the trial by 2
- Reworked Add-on – Incensed Ointment: Ingesting the corruption at a Pool of Devotion causes all Survivors within The Plague’s Terror Radius to scream and reveal their locations
- Reworked Add-on – Vile Emetic: Increases velocity of vomit projectiles by 10%
- The Deathslinger must now wait for the Enter Aim animation to complete before being able to fire (0.4 seconds)
- The Deathslinger must now wait for the Exit Aim animation to complete before being able to attack (0.6 seconds)
- The cooldown when a survivor breaks free is now the same duration as a successful hit cooldown
- Increased terror radius to 32 meters (was 24 meters)
- Add-on – Gold Creek Whiskey: Removed movement speed penalty
- Add-on – Marshal’s Badge: Removed movement speed penalty
- Add-on – Iridescent Coin: Decreased range requirement to 12 meters (was 15 meters)
- Reworked Add-on – Hellshire Iron: When a Survivor is speared, gain Undetectable. The effect persists for 10 seconds after the Survivor is no longer speared.
The Ghost Face
- Night Shroud recovery time decreased to 24 seconds (was 30 seconds)
- Add-on – Walleye’s Matchbook: Decreased Night Shroud recovery modifier to 2 seconds (was 4 seconds)
- Add-on – Olson’s Address Book: Decreased Night Shroud recovery modifier to 3 seconds (was 6 seconds)
- Add-on – Chewed Pen: Decreased Night Shroud recovery modifier to 4 seconds (was 8 seconds)
- Add-on – Adrenaline Vial: Increased rush token recharge bonus to 1 second (was 0.75 seconds). Added effect: Increases Rushing speed by 10%.
- Add-on – Summoning Stone. Increased pallet blocking range to 16 meters (was 12 meters). Increased pallet blocking duration to 15 seconds (was 6 seconds).
The following perks have become General Perks, and their names have changed:
- Babysitter is now Guardian
- Camaraderie is now Kinship
- Second Wind is now Renewal
- Better Together is now Situational Awareness
- Fixated is now Self-Aware
- Inner Strength is now Inner Healing
- Vigil: Recovery bonus increased to 20/25/30% (was 10/15/20%). Added Broken, Exposed, and Oblivious to the status effects modified by the perk.
- Guardian (formerly Babysitter): Added a 7% Haste status effect for the rescued survivor. Removed the Killer seeing your aura. Killer aura visibility for you increased to 8 seconds (was 4 seconds).
- For the People: Reduced the duration of the Broken status effect to 80/70/60 seconds (was 110/100/90 seconds)
- Windows of Opportunity: Increased effective range to 24/28/32 meters (was 20 meters). Removed cooldown after vaulting / dropping a Pallet.
- Repressed Alliance: Generator repair requirement reduced to 55/50/45 seconds (was 80/70/60 seconds)
- Built to Last – Reworked: After hiding inside a Locker for 14/13/12 seconds with a depleted item in hand, 99% of its charges are refilled. Each use of Built to Last reduces the amount of charges refilled by 33%. Added stinger audio when item charges are refilled
- Any Means Necessary: Added effect: You can see the auras of dropped pallets
- No Mither: Grunts of pain reduction increased to 25/50/75% (was 0/25/50%). Added effect: Your recovery speed is increased by 15/20/25%
The following perks have become General Perks, and their names have changed:
- Surge is now Jolt
- Mindbreaker is now Fearmonger
- Cruel Limits is now Claustrophobia
- Hex: Retribution: Oblivious condition changed to trigger from interacting with any type of totem (was just cleansing hex totems). Increased aura reveal time to 15 seconds (was 10 seconds).
- Hex: Blood Favor: Pallet blocking effect now triggers off basic attacks and special attacks (was just basic attacks). Pallet blocking radius increased to 32 meters (was 16 meters). Cooldown has been removed.
- Hex: The Third Seal: Blindness effect now triggers off basic attacks and special attacks (was just basic attacks)
- Hex: Thrill of the Hunt: Survivor penalty now applies to both Cleansing and Blessing actions (was just Cleansing). Penalty stacks increased to 8/9/10% per stack (was 4/5/6%). Maximum penalty increased to 40/45/50% (was 30%). Loud noise notification has been removed.
- Fearmonger (formerly Mindbreaker): Now applies Exhausted and Blindness to survivors (was just Exhausted)
- Implemented a status effect pre-loading system to fix issues of hitches when a status effect is first applied during a match. Currently implemented for Adrenaline, Balanced Landing, No One Escapes Death, Sloppy Butcher, and The Shape’s Evil Within.
- Fixed an issue that could cause hitches when a survivor is unhooked.
- Performance optimizations on all survivors’ items.
- Performance optimizations on all hex perks.
- The Dead Dawg Saloon map has been re-enabled.
For a full list of bug fixes in the September 28 PTB Dead By Daylight update, check out the official DBD Forum.