Dead By Daylight Graphical Update Today (May 4) - Release Time, Patch Notes
The popular horror game is receiving some much needed graphical improvements!
Dead By Daylight is set to release a brand new graphical and model update today (May 4), DualShockers have got everything you need to know about the visual improvements coming to the popular horror game.
The developers have been on a roll with releasing content for Dead By Daylight lately! Most recently, players were treated to a brand new killer and survivor to play as. Check out the official trailer for Trickster below.
- MORE: Dead By Daylight Chapter 19 Patch Notes
Graphic & Model Update
The Dead By Daylight developers have been releasing graphical updates for their existing realms and today’s update brings changes to the Coldwind Farm Realm, as well as an updated character model for The Doctor.
Check out some screenshots from the official Dead By Daylight forum below, showcasing the graphical improvements to the Coldwind Farm Realm.
You can also find a video of the graphical changes in today’s update found below, which also showcases the changes to The Doctor.
The new graphic and model update is expected to go live in-game today (May 4, 2021). Based on previous update times, you can expect the new update to go live at the following times.
8AM PDT / 10AM CST / 11AM EDT / 4 PM GMT
This information is based on previous updates, patches, and new chapter releases. No official time has been given by the Dead By Daylight developers. If a more accurate release time is given, this article will be updated.
The full patch notes for the May 4 Dead By Daylight update have been released. Read the full notes on the official forum, or find the most important bits below.
There are ALOT of changes in the update, so make sure you read the full notes over on the forum.
- Tome VII for The Archives will start tomorrow, May 5th, at 11AM ET.
- Rift fragments for Level Completion rewards will now increase per Level.
- The required amount of Player XP per Rift fragment has been reduced to 500 XP (from 800XP) for faster Rift progression.
- Settings menu: Replaced all checkboxes with text based steppers (with choices “ON”/”OFF”) to be consistent with similar setting interactions.
- HUD – Visual improvements to Killer Power indicators behind Survivor portraits:
- General: Bottom of these indicators are no longer covered by the Survivor portraits.
- The Doctor: Madness levels now have a distinct visual for each level.
- The Plague: Improved Sickness meter texture colours for colourblind players.
- The Nightmare: Increased brightness of the Dream World indicator.
- The Ghostface: Increased contrast on the Stalking meter.
- Visual Update for all Coldwind Farm maps.
The Doctor VFX Update
- Optimized Doctor VFX to improve performance.
- Reduced the intensity of the glitch and madness screen effects.