Dead by Daylight ‘Spark of Madness’ Announced; New Trailer Teases New Survivor, Killer and Map
Dead by Daylight received a new teaser trailer for the upcoming 'Spark of Madness' DLC scheduled to release on May 11, 2017.
Behaviour Digital released new information today for the upcoming content pack coming to Dead by Daylight. Spark of Madness will be released on PC via Steam on May 11, 2017 for $6.99. The new content pack will include a new killer (The Doctor), a new survivor (Feng Min), and a new map (Léry’s Memorial Institute). In addition to the announcement we also received a teaser trailer which can be seen below.
The trailer is rather short clocking in at 40 seconds, but their is a few things that we can take away from it. First, the new killer looks absolutely sadistic. Second, the new map looks to be completely indoors, which would be a first for Dead by Daylight since their maps usually take place in an open outside environment.
If this is your first time hearing about Dead by Daylight, here is a brief description of the game and its features:
Death Is Not an Escape.
Dead by Daylight is a multiplayer (4vs1) horror game where one player takes on the role of the savage Killer, and the other four players play as Survivors, trying to escape the Killer and avoid being caught, tortured and killed.
Survivors play in third-person and have the advantage of better situational awareness. The Killer plays in first-person and is more focused on their prey.
The Survivors’ goal in each encounter is to escape the Killing Ground without getting caught by the Killer – something that sounds easier than it is, especially when the environment changes every time you play.
• Survive Together… Or Not – Survivors can either cooperate with the others or be selfish. Your chance of survival will vary depending on whether you work together as a team or if you go at it alone. Will you be able to outwit the Killer and escape their Killing Ground?
• Where Am I? – Each level is procedurally generated, so you’ll never know what to expect. Random spawn points mean you will never feel safe as the world and its danger change every time you play.
• A Feast for Killers – Dead by Daylight draws from all corners of the horror world. As a Killer you can play as anything from a powerful Slasher to terrifying paranormal entities. Familiarize yourself with your Killing Grounds and master each Killer’s unique power to be able to hunt, catch and sacrifice your victims.
• Deeper and Deeper – Each Killer and Survivor has their own deep progression system and plenty of unlockables that can be customized to fit your own personal strategy. Experience, skills and understanding of the environment are key to being able to hunt or outwit the Killer.
• Real People, Real Fear – The procedural levels and real human reactions to pure horror makes each game session an unexpected scenario. You will never be able to tell how it’s going to turn out. Ambience, music, and chilling environments combine into a terrifying experience. With enough time, you might even discover what’s hiding in the fog.
Dead by Daylight is currently available on PC via Steam for $19.99. The game is also scheduled to release on PS4 and Xbox One in June 2017.