Dead Island PC Problems Fixed, Make-Up Coming and Patch Notes
After finding out that the PC version of Dead Island released yesterday was accidentally the Dev Build, the internet was all a-flutter. Panic was rampant in the streets! Settle down noble gamers, for the issue has been solved with a “make up” on the way. However there’s one very important detail to take notice if you were playing on the version released yesterday. When you install the real version of the game, all of your saved game progress will be lost. When you start back up, if you select the same character you’ll be able to choose which chapter you’ve completed and pick up where you left off, but just be aware of this.
Read on below for more details, and for the full list of what’s in the day one patch.
- The full version of the game is now available on Steam
- A “make-up” is being planned by Deep Silver for those affected by the Day One PC issues. Keep your eyes peeled for more info on that.
- The “Bloodbath” DLC is still on schedule. Fans who pre-ordered the game will still receive the DLC for free as planned.
- Deep Silver is aware of The Ripper activation bug which will not load as a result of the version update. This will be fixed in the next update which will be soon.
Multiplayer and Matchmaking improvements
· Maps are now correctly synchronized when player joins during map loading
· Games now filter correctly in lobby
· After joining a coop game enemies now spawn correctly
User guidance improved. (Quest guidance, UI, shop)
Additional Interface polishing
· Map tracking now works correctly after loading checkpoints
· Health and stamina bars of enemies now display correctly in coop.
· Locations of invisible NPCs are no longer shown
· More than one player can now use the same ladder simultaneously
· Focus on items in shops is not changing after operation (sell, buy)
· Additional Interface polishing
· Fixed displaying gather rings near some door
Player death behavior improved
· Respawn position now saved when playing in cooperative mode
· If player dies whilst inside vehicle, menu will now be hidden
Save game mechanics extended
· Added distinction between quest checkpoints and other saves
Minor animation fixes
· AI animation now displays correctly after fast travel or travel through portals
· Improved enemy awareness (zombies)
· Enemies reaction to fire adapted
· Enemies are now able to successfully reach player on some arenas
· Shooting enemies no longer spawn infinitely
Balancing changes in difficulty
· Item level will be calculated correctly when playing in second playthrough
· Kick interrupting reload now adapted; after clip is inserted reload is treated as successful
· Health regeneration is now disabled during grab.
· More HP for all escorted NPCs
· Removed all instances of Butcher during escorts
· Purna can gain bonus rage from both “Grim Inspiration” and “Inspiring Kick”
· Only “Walker” type enemies increase the extra XP of the “Combo” skill from Xian’s Survival skill tree
Pause Option added
· Added information about players requesting pause (Co-op)
Looting rules improved
· Thrown items now cannot be picked up by another player for 5 minutes.
· Items from just-opened containers cannot be picked up by another player for 5 seconds.
Minor graphical glitches fixed.
· Rectified occasional graphical glitch with NPC’s hands bending awkwardly
· Animations now display correctly when trading
· Stomper animation now displays correctly when same target is hit by another player
Sound bugs fixed
· Volume of pickup’s engine has been increased
Quest bugs removed
· All side quests in Laboratory can now be successfully completed
· Potential walkthrough blocker removed when quest “Knockin’ on Heaven’s Door” is completed before talking to Dominik during “On the air” quest