The first DLC expansion for Dead Rising 3 will be released tomorrow. If you want to play it however, you’ll first need to download a hefty 13GB patch for the game.
This news come from an Xbox Wire interview with Dead Rising 3’s executive producer, Josh Bridge. Bridge says that over the holidays he and his team looked over all of the feedback that they’ve been getting from fans. All of this feedback has helped them to come up with fixes that should make the game a more enjoyable experience.
Below are the patch notes:
- Content for DLC episodes 3 and 4 added as part of this CU.
- Various Stability Fixes.
- Various Performance Improvements.
- Online Stability improvements.
- Added a progress bar to main menu while installer is running.
- Fixed an issue which could allow the user to overwrite their save file during streaming install while the game is booted.
- Fix for missing English VUI command in Multiplayer menu.
- Some improvements to item pickups.
- Fixed a reproducible issue where the player could get out of the world.
- Fixed an issue where music wasn’t present during the streaming install.
- Fixed some mission scripting issues.
- Fixed an issue which could cause some co-op players to not progress blueprint collection achievements correctly.
- Fixed an issue where the UI was not updating properly.
- Fixed an issue which caused glass textures to appear low-res.
- Fixed an issue which could cause shadows to render incorrectly.
- Fixed a texture issue with the Golden SledgeSaw weapons
- SmartGlass stability fix.
Bridge also talked a bit about the upcoming DLC. Operation Broken Eagle, due to be released tomorrow, will be the first of four planned DLCs. Each DLC will take place during the main campaign of Dead Rising 3 and will feature a different protagonist. Although these chapters are independent of the main story, they all do tie into it. Unlike the main game, the DLCs will not feature any co-op. Operation Broken Eagle will have a military point of view and will contain new weapons and vehicles.
Dead Rising 3 is available now exclusively for the Xbox One.