Deadpool Gets a Release Date and Pre-Order Incentives
Deadpool will be benefiting from a plethora of pre-order bonuses, varied between the two major retailers; Amazon and GameStop. In a post on the One of Swords blog, the following pre-order incentives for the merc-with-the-mouth’s inaugaural game were detailed:
• MY “Merc with a Map Pack” DLC (confetti explosion!) adds two new maps – GRT Plaza and Inside the Tower – to Deadpool Challenge mode, as well as two b-b-b-b-bonus costumes – the D-Pooly and Uncanny X-Force suits only for use in the unlockable Infinite mode where your stats are tracked on a global leaderboard.
• Exclusive digital wallpaper for my PowerUp Rewards friends featuring who else – me!!! I’ll probably be, like, you know, totally ripped in it and all. No bigsies. – U.S. Only
• A (drum roll, please) midnight launch party at the GameStop with the most pre-orders (more drums!) paid BY Activision (now the bassoon!) with a LIVE appearance from ME, Das Pool! Now’s your chance, Kodiak, Alaska GameStop customers! – U.S. Only
• A $5 Amazon credit towards select Marvel graphic novels – but seriously… buy a Deadpool graphic novel.
• An exclusive digital wallpaper and digital cover sleeve, because what are you doing not staring at my perfectly sculpted body every waking moment of the day?
Deadpool is being developed by High Moon Studios and will be published by Activision for the PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and PC on June 25th, 2013.