Today, developer Bungie and publisher Activision released a brand new patch for their game Destiny 2.
The patch, which is numbered 1.0.3, most notably adds Faction Rallies into the game, a feature that players have been anticipating since it’s reveal last week. This means that players will now be able to pledge their loyalty to one of three in-game factions: Dead Orbit, Future War Cult, and the New Monarchy. XP earned will now go towards that faction, which in turn will unlock new gear, weapons, and more.
In addition to that, a number of different bugs were fixed. Some highlights include an issue causing clan XP to not be granted after completing public events, an issue causing gear to not load in the tower, and more.
As you may know, Destiny 2 has been highly successful. While an exact sales number has not yet been revealed, today it was reported that the game topped UK charts for the third week in a row.
Destiny 2 originally released on September 6, 2017 for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. It is also scheduled to come to PC on October 24.
If you’re playing Destiny 2 and are clanless, be sure to check out the official DualShockers clan, which you can find out more information about by clicking here.
Below, you can view the aforementioned patch notes:
- Pledge to a faction Vendor
- Pledging places a buff on the player character for the duration of the event associating the character with the faction
- Earn faction Reputation tokens
- By Destroying Enemy resources in Lost Sectors, completing public events, completing strikes, completing Crucible matches, and the Leviathan raid
- Turn tokens in for reward packages
- Earn faction themed rewards from your faction
- Help your faction win
- The faction with the most rank ups across the game will sell a new weapon at a discount for faction membersUI
- Fixed an issue in which Hunters with a specific amount of health would see their health bar on the HUD at all timesActivities
- Fixed issue in the raid that granted resurrection tokens unintentionally to players joining encounters in progress
- Fixed an issue in which killing the first Minotaur too quickly in the Unbreakable Adventure would result in progression being blocked
- Fixed an issue where clan XP was not being granted for completing public events
- Fixed an issue preventing some players from receiving weekly clan engrams
- Players who leave a clan will still not be eligible for clan rewards that weekEververse
- Fixed an issue in which Bright engrams would show ‘Requires Level 20’ if a player hadn’t accepted all Leveling Rewards from Tess after reaching level 20
- Fixed an issue in which the action button on weapon ornaments displayed Discard instead of UnlockCrucibleCall to Arms
- Reduced the amount needed to complete the milestone to align it with other weekly milestonesMidtown
- Adjusted Clash & Supremacy power ammo locations
- Added invisible physics volumes to keep players from leaving the intended playable spaceEternity
- Added a soft-kill volume to keep players from hiding on the edge of the map
- Dead players’ Ghosts will no longer appear in the “Fork” locationGeneral
- Fixed an issue in which players in the Tower could sometimes fail to load gear
- Fixed a crash when signing out of Destiny 2CompanionAndroid
- Fixed an issue in which the gear search button was covering item actions
- Fixed an issue in which Ghosts were not showing in character gear
- Added a filter and member count in the clan rosteriOS
- Fixed an issue in the way gear power was sorted when including items that don’t have powerWeb
- When you close an explore item in trending, the page no longer refreshes
- Paging update in search