Destiny 2’s Second Expansion “Warmind” Gets Plenty of Screenshots, Info, and PS4 Exclusive Content
Bungie has lifted the curtain on the second expansion for Destiny 2, titled Warmind. The guardians will follow Ana Bray to investigate on Rasputin.
Today Bungie and Activision lifted the veil on the second expansion for Destiny 2, announced a few days ago and titled Warmind.
The expansion will take place in Hellas Basin, hidden by the frozen polar cap on Mars. Here long-lost guardian Ana Bray sets out to investigate her past and the most powerful weapon ever built by humanity, the warmind Rasputin. Unfortunately, the caves hidden under the surface are home to a powerful Hive swarm led by the cruel Nokris.
As usual, there will be timed exclusive content for PS4 players including a strike titled The Insight Terminus and new gear. Yet, the exclusive deal will only last until “at least fall 2018.”
The expansion will launch on May 8th on PS4, Xbox One, and PC, and it’ll cost $19.99.
Below you can read a summary of the features and story of the expansion. You can also check out a brand new trailer introducing Ana bray, and a ton of screenshots and artwork.
Ana Bray, a Guardian long thought lost, searches for a connection to her past?one that could be hidden forever beneath the polar ice cap of Mars. As Golden Age satellites begin slamming back to ground, glaciers begin to thaw, revealing the core of the Warmind Rasputin ? and an ancient Hive army bent on its destruction. Now free, the Hive swarm in service to their god.
- All-New Destination to Explore
This expansion takes place on an all new destination, Hellas Basin, set within the frozen landscape of Mars? pole. Players will journey across massive glaciers, and through rocky red caverns, and Hive infested caves in search of new weapons and gear, and to test themselves against new threats and challenges. Warmind features an all new Raid lair, a new Hive faction and brand-new endgame ritual, Escalation Protocol.
All-new Raid Lair: Spire of Stars
- The final Raid Lair for the Leviathan, this Raid Lair is one of the pinnacle activities in Warmind and offers players great reward.
All-new Endgame activity: Escalation Protocol
- Escalation Protocol is a player triggered event where players will fight escalating waves of enemies and slay challenging bosses right alongside their friends.
New themed weapons, armor, and gear to earn
- Destination themed armor with matching weapons, brand new and reprised exotics, and a powerful key moment relic will round out player arsenals.
- Action, Adventure, and Gameplay Activities for All Types of Players: New, Returning, Casual, and Competitive
Play Solo or with Friends
- Story Campaign ? Delve into the story of Ana Bray, and Rasputin. Explore Hellas Basin Mars and stop the rise of the Hive army.
Join Friends to Complete Cooperative Experiences
- Strikes ? Three-player cooperative matchmade missions in Destiny 2.
- Raid Lair ? A brand-new, six-player activity that takes place on the Leviathan. This Raid Lair offers new areas to explore, new encounters, new rewards, and a brand-new boss.
- New Story & Adventures
Warmind adds a new chapter to the world of Destiny 2. Players delve into the story of Ana Bray and Rasputin.
- PlayStation Exclusive Content
At launch, PlayStation gamers will get access to an additional timed exclusive* Strike called The Insight Terminus.
- Zavala needs a team of Guardians to break into a Vex tomb on Nessus that has been overrun by the Cabal. Defeat the powerful Psion commander before he can take over the Vex gateway network and reap the rewards.
- This will also include an earnable timed exclusive* Armor set for each class
If you don’t have Destiny 2, and want to catch up before the expansion launches, you can grab it on Amazon.
This post contains an affiliate link where DualShockers gets a small commission on sales. Any and all support helps keep DualShockers as a standalone, independent platform for less-mainstream opinions and news coverage.