Destiny 2 Update 2.51 Patch Notes & Server Status Today (May 10)
Version 184.108.40.206 will be deployed later today!
Bungie has once again confirmed that a brand new hotfix update will be deployed for Destiny 2 later today (May 10). The weekly patch will see servers brought offline for a short period of time before some new changes and adjustments are introduced.
Although it’s becoming a bit of a nuisance for Destiny 2 players to download a new patch every week, the length of server downtime will only last for 15 minutes. Following the release of patch 2.51, numerous bug fixes and adjustments will be live in-game.
If you’re eager to find out all the details on the latest Destiny 2 update, check out the official server maintenance schedule and patch notes on May 10 further down this article.
- MORE UPDATES: PS3 System Firmware Update 4.89 Patch Details
Destiny 2 Server Maintenance Schedule
As revealed by the official Bungie Help Twitter account, background maintenance for Destiny 2 will begin at 9AM PT / 12PM ET / 5PM BST. Players won’t have any issues during background maintenance, but they will be removed from all activities at 9:45AM PT / 12:45PM ET / 5:45PM BST.
Servers will then be offline for a total of 15 minutes, meaning players will be able to log back in and play at 10AM PT / 1PM ET / 6PM BST. However, all supported platforms will receive a brand new patch to download and will be required to continue playing Destiny 2.
Bungie also revealed that background maintenance would continue for a further hour, during this time players may experience some connectivity issues.
Full patch notes for the latest Destiny 2 update on May 10 can be found further down this article.
- IN OTHER NEWS: Forza Horizon 6 Gears Up To Enter Development According To Job Listing
Destiny 2 Update 2.51 Patch Notes
- Guardian Games playlist activities now grant progression towards Deepsight weapons and levels
- The Title SMG will now drop from Medallion turn-ins. The higher the Medallion the higher the drop chance.
- Drop-rate has been tuned to correct the issue.
- Guardian Games Playbook has been disabled from Eva Levante after an unintentional interaction with platform carts.
- Fixed an issue that prevented players from successfully charging a Nova Pulse just after casting the Nova Warp Super.
- Fixed an issue where charging a Nova Pulse with low Super energy would not consistently complete the attack.
- Fixed an issue where an interaction between Shiver Strike and Glacial Quake could allow players to generate infinite Stasis crystals if combined with the Howl of the Storm Aspect.
- Developer note: Shiver Strike will now cost the player’s full melee charge immediately on activation. We understand that this is a slight nerf for the time being, and plan to make additional adjustments in the future to address its potency.
- Fixed an issue where the Fettered Shell was not properly taking shaders.
- ‘Radioactive green’ is a very fashionable color, though.
- The Dark Telemetry emblem now supports the raid metric category.