It’s only been two days since the release of Destiny’s 2.1.0 Patch, but Bungie has already released Hotfix 126.96.36.199 — an update designed to stop players from gaming their way past Destiny’s newest microtransaction.
Along with the new Sparrow Racing League, update 2.1.0 brought (among other things) a $10 microtransaction titled the SRL Record Book, Vol. 1. The book gives you some tasks to complete(e.g., finish 25 races) and accomplishing them would net you cosmetic rewards. However, Reddit users quickly discovered that purchasing the book was not necessary — it was enough to go to the in-game store and unlock the content on the preview screen.
Much like the Three of Coins exploit, Bungie was quick to patch up this bug. Check out the patch notes below with what other changes were included:
- Fixed an issue where Exotic Leg Engrams did not decrypt into any items.
- Fixed an issue where copies of “The Climb” FWC Ship was incorrectly providing Reputation.
- This has been temporarily disabled on the Ship Collection kiosk and will be fixed in a future update.
- Fixed an issue where the SRL Record Book, Vol. 1 items did not require the player to own the Record Book in order to acquire them.
- Record Book items will not be deleted from players’ inventories, but will now require ownership of the SRL Record Book in order to equip the items.
- Any progress already made towards the Record Book will be saved.
- Warning: Record Book gear can only be acquired once. We are working on a future fix to allow players to attain additional instances in case of accidental deletion.